Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Your opinion please on a Pfaff sewing machine. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-opinion-please-pfaff-sewing-machine-t299913.html)

WMUTeach 09-30-2018 05:47 PM

Your opinion please on a Pfaff sewing machine.

My Viking of long years is just about worn out. I am considering a Pfaff Expressions 3.0 or a 5.0. I would love to hear from those who use these machines of any pro's or con's would be welcome. I need a basic machine for piecing and quilting with large harp, needle down and I don't need lots of fancy stitches. The 5.0 has a touch screen which concerns me as one more electronic thing that can go wrong. 3.0 is electronic but not a touch screen. Thoughts?

Dina 09-30-2018 06:57 PM

I have a Pfaff Expression 2.0 and I love it. I have used it for 8 years and have made over 200 quilts. It isn't the machine you asked about, but I thought perhaps my information might still be useful. My machine has lots of fancy stitches I don't use, but that is okay. I love the large harp, need down, and attached walking foot.

I was able to try mine out before I bought it. I hope you are in a similar situation. I tried out five different brands and decided on Pfaff. I have no regrets.

Dina

sandy l 10-01-2018 03:25 AM

I have a Pfaff Expression 4.0 and I love it. Have had Pfaffs for over 20 yrs ( call me a loyal customer):)

GingerK 10-01-2018 04:54 AM

I have a Pfaff Performance 5.0 and love it. It is computerized and does have a touch screen but I have a 10 year old Janome that also is computerized so the touch screen is actually a welcome addition and makes it easier to use. I love the IDT and needle/presser foot up/down feature. Surprisingly, I do not use the automatic thread cutter much at all. It does have a bajillion fancy stitches and I have actually used more of them than I expected to.

Whichever machine you decide on, it is definitely worth investing in a class or two to learn about all its features.

Terry in the ADK 10-01-2018 05:32 AM

I have an older Pfaff and it is still going strong! The best feature which they still have, is the differential feed!
The best piece of advice I can give when buying a machine is get it from a place with a great technician and offers classes on it, no matter what make and model.
Let us know what you end up with!

Kitsie 10-01-2018 07:09 AM

Love my Expressions 3.0.

sewingitalltogether 10-01-2018 07:20 AM

I have 2 Pfaffs and love both of them.

JanieW 10-01-2018 07:50 AM

I have the Pfaff QE 4.0 and I love it. It has a feature that the presser foot comes up just a little with the needle down. It’s great for chain piecing. As soon as you hit the foot pedal the presser foot goes down .

I also have the j’anime MC 9400, but use the Pfaff often. I prefer the Pfaff for the idt over the Janomes accufeed.

joyce888 10-01-2018 12:23 PM

I've had my PFAFF QE 4.0 for 14 years and its still going strong. I just purchased a set of 32 feet with the adapter to fit my PFAFF and Singer. I also bought some specialty feet from PFAFF.

maryb119 10-01-2018 01:57 PM

You won't go wrong with a Pfaff. I have had one for over 25 years. I keep trading up and I am loving each one.