Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   your opinion please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-opinion-please-t254062.html)

nanna-up-north 09-20-2014 01:23 PM

Your quilt is beautiful and I agree with the comments that say to use the flower border, just make the leaves and flowers a little larger. I often put flowers in my borders. I feel like it tops everything off kind of like putting the icing on the cake.

Can't wait to see your finish. Awesome!!

twinkie 09-21-2014 04:06 AM

I think it is great just as it is. The only other border I could suggest is one that would frame the beautiful center of the quilt with applique floral as a cornerstone accent

illinois 09-21-2014 04:40 AM

What would it look like to do a solid border and let the quilting design there compliment your beautiful blocks. Maybe a vine with leaves such as are in the blocks. Or feathers are very popular.

solstice3 09-21-2014 06:32 AM

It looks great. How about repeating the red and whit border after the flowers to frame the whole thing

LITTLEOLDME 09-21-2014 06:47 AM

Looks like a winner to me, to busy of a boarder would distract from the beautiful quilt blocks.

Kwiltr 09-21-2014 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6896720)
the border is great... but put the 'heavy' ends together in the opposite corners. then to tie it in a little more, i'd put a red binding on it.

I think this is a great suggestion! I love the border you have there just the way it is and if you do what QuiltnNan suggests, I think it would be awesome. Great quilt!

Texas_Sue 09-21-2014 07:16 AM

Awesome job! I really wanted to be able to applique, but I just don't have the patience for it.

Susan

red-warrior 09-21-2014 07:53 AM

Looks beautiful to me also.....I like Quilt nNan's idea of flipping it so the heavy ends are not together!

Onebyone 09-21-2014 07:58 AM

Beautiful quilt blocks. The floral border as is seems weak to me. The dark triangle inner border and sashing is very stark in contrast to the background so you need a border to compete with that for it to look balanced. I would use strong colors for the appliqued flowers and leaves. I would try the sashing color for the leaves and rich colors for the flowers in the applique border.

bearisgray 09-21-2014 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Charming (Post 6896805)
Wow....i love your quilt. You just inspired me to maybe...possibly start my Christmas Baltimore :-)

Of course this is just my personal take on this and at the end it is your quilt, your efforts, and you are the owner who will be admiring it every day, but there is something about the border that is distracting me from the blocks. I can't really pinpoint but i guess i am seeing a wall of the prairie points that is separating the blocks from the border (clear as mud?)lol
Hope i made some sense to you and well done on a beautiful work

The blocks are lovely - but the first thing that caught my eye was the "prairie points" framing the grid. That frame seems "heavy" compared to the light grids separating the blocks.