Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Your Opinions Please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-opinions-please-t72296.html)

2livesdown7togo 10-25-2010 04:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a crib/children's quilt using primary colors, the idea was a bright top to mean "daytime" and dark blue backing with stars to indicate "nighttime". It's ready for border and/or binding.

Originally I wanted to use the cloud fabric for the border and the dark blue for binding (option 1).

The two could be reversed, with the plain dark blue fabric as a border and the cloud fabric for binding (option 2).

Another option is to just bind it without a border using the cloud fabric (option 3).

All opinions are welcome, I love the way you all make decisions.

Closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115368[/ATTACH]

Not so closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115370[/ATTACH]

KathyAire 10-25-2010 04:19 PM

I definitely like a border. Either looks good, I guess I would choose the dark blue for the border. Is the clouds also going to be the backing. That would be nice.

I really like the top. It's very cheerful.

wanderingcreek 10-25-2010 04:39 PM

I love your colors. I like the blue for the border and the clouds for the binding.

luckylindy333 10-25-2010 04:45 PM

I love your top, I like the dark blue for the border- I think the clouds for the back would be great. I think an orange binding (I am partial to orange and blue).

butterflywing 10-25-2010 05:52 PM

i couldn't open this. it tried to open as 'image browser'. what is that?

gaigai 10-26-2010 12:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, here are your photos. I would save the cloud fabric for the backing. I don't think it goes well with the bright primary colors of the top (which is beautiful, BTW). I would use the dark blue for a border, or even some of the peacock fabric. Or use the peacock fabric for the binding. Good job!

GailG 10-26-2010 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2livesdown7togo
This is a crib/children's quilt using primary colors, the idea was a bright top to mean "daytime" and dark blue backing with stars to indicate "nighttime". It's ready for border and/or binding.

Originally I wanted to use the cloud fabric for the border and the dark blue for binding (option 1).

The two could be reversed, with the plain dark blue fabric as a border and the cloud fabric for binding (option 2).

Another option is to just bind it without a border using the cloud fabric (option 3).

All opinions are welcome, I love the way you all make decisions.

I kinda like the idea of just the dark blue for the border/binding on the bright side. I wouldn't use the clouds.

watterstide 10-26-2010 02:47 AM

i like the dark blue too..i don't care for the cloud fabric with the front colors you have now. i love primary colors for baby quilts. the colors and pattern you chose is perfect!

Lady-T 10-26-2010 02:49 AM

Of those choices I would use the dark blue as binding....but if you have RED that would look great!(imho)

sewcrafty 10-26-2010 07:51 AM

I like the dark blue as the border and you could even bind with it, but IMHO I would use the dark blue as he border and either use the orange or red as the binding. The clouds are a softer palette than the primaries used.