Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is your sewing area 'inviting'? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-sewing-area-inviting-t67190.html)

Matilda 10-02-2010 05:29 PM

Joyce, I am looking forward to the coffee!

JenniePenny 10-02-2010 05:37 PM

My sewing room is very inviting and pretty. Even non quilters like to hang out there and poke around looking at my fabric and how I cleverly store things.

Leota 10-02-2010 05:53 PM

My poor sewing room is a war-zone. I had to move my sewing machines into the living room because of the addition we are building onto our house and the sewing room will become the hall/storage area. I am losing my sewing room :(

lclang 10-02-2010 07:21 PM

I have always sewed in a small area that was organized chaos. Now that I have a small sewing room, guess what, it is still the same. I like to just go in and root out a project and sew away. Doesn't bother me that it is quite a mess.

sewmom 10-03-2010 02:45 PM

My sewing room or studio is not inviting-but I'm working on it between other projects and life interfering. My dream is to have it be a place where i can invite friends in to see where i create and maybe inspire them to join in this addiction.

brushandthimble 10-03-2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
My sewing room is very inviting and pretty. Even non quilters like to hang out there and poke around looking at my fabric and how I cleverly store things.

Please share any storage ideas.
I have just spent 2 to 3 hours cleaning up my space. Looks much more inviting now, even to me:)

madamekelly 10-03-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Well not too bad but unfortunately I have three rather large quilts laying out on the floor. I am piecing two and DD the other. We need a place to put them so we know what part to sew where. Drives me crazy! I NEED a display wall bad.

Good Gravy! My livingroom isn't as big as your sewing room! LOL!

Matilda 10-04-2010 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny

Can you show pictures of how you store your things?

SaraSewing 10-04-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Well not too bad but unfortunately I have three rather large quilts laying out on the floor. I am piecing two and DD the other. We need a place to put them so we know what part to sew where. Drives me crazy! I NEED a display wall bad.

Good Gravy! My livingroom isn't as big as your sewing room! LOL!

Me either. My whole house is small enough that I can't lay out 3 quilts! I wanna come spend time in your sewing room; you probably won't even see me!!! (envy)

mayday 10-04-2010 07:59 AM

haven't got a sewing room, machine/bat in kitchen on extending table------cosy with aga.
sew anywhere with an easy chair, sitting/parlour or garden room.
all fabric kept [haphazardly] upstairs in large bedroom!!!