Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is your sewing area 'inviting'? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-sewing-area-inviting-t67190.html)

quilter68 09-28-2010 02:17 PM

Deara,
I love your quilting helper in your Avatar.

Jim's Gem 09-28-2010 03:36 PM

Mine is quite organized at the moment. Very inviting!!! Though when I am planning out quilts I pull fabrics and let them sit around to "audition" Frequently I am auditioning several quilts at a time.

Annaquilts 09-28-2010 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well not too bad but unfortunately I have three rather large quilts laying out on the floor. I am piecing two and DD the other. We need a place to put them so we know what part to sew where. Drives me crazy! I NEED a display wall bad.

MommaDorian 09-28-2010 03:44 PM

My sewing area is at the kitchen table. I've always been good about cleaning up and puting things away, so that the table can be used for other things...like eating. lol But, lately I've been working on a scrappy project that I need to leave out. Tonight, I pushed it all to one side of the table so my kids could eat, dh and I ate in the living room.

quiltnmom 09-28-2010 03:55 PM

I don't have a dedicated room -- yet.
Right now I use the dining room table and I have a table in DD room (she's at college) DH is working on building a sewing cabinet for me then I will probably take over DDs room as a dedicated sewing room. She has her own apartment at college comes home a night here and there.
For now the dining room table would be organized chaos...we eat in the living room.

tlrnhi 09-28-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I recently cleaned my sewing room and it literally paralyzed me once I stepped into the room. Couldn't do a thing in there. NOW, I am back to the chaos. Got 7 projects going simoultaneously and happy as a lark. Anyone else "enter at your own risk!" That doesn't deter honey - he has his chair in the corner and he hangs out there watching tv or reading. Me, I would be scared of the avalanche of stuff looming at the edge of the table. Brave man! lol

That's me, Mad!!!
I cleaned my room, put everything away neatly, now can't find a dang thing in there! I'm hunting for patterns I KNEW I had. Knew EXACTLY where they were, now can't find them. I even made a bin for patterns, but are the ones I want in there? NO!
So, I'm back to making it "me" again!

clarerowley 09-28-2010 04:08 PM

Mine was - I moved into a new house and vowed that I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, allow myself to start a new project without first cleaning up the room - I find that bossing myself around out-loud helps me stay disciplined ;)

tlrnhi 09-28-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by clarerowley
Mine was - I moved into a new house and vowed that I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, allow myself to start a new project without first cleaning up the room - I find that bossing myself around out-loud helps me stay disciplined ;)

I refuse to have an arguement with myself ;)

AtHomeSewing 09-28-2010 04:37 PM

I relax the best, and enjoy it the most when I start with a clean, organized space. As I work through a project, that changes a lot! (:

quilter41 09-28-2010 04:42 PM

First off I am a neatnique. My sewing room is only 10'x10' so when ever I sew before I leave the room I straighten up. Goes back to DM she said always straighten up and it will be a pleasure to come back. I also always do dishes and make beds before I leave the house. Hate to come home to messy.