Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is your sewing area 'inviting'? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-sewing-area-inviting-t67190.html)

buttonhead 09-30-2010 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by finch
I love my sewing room.It is filled with alot of my favorite things.It is my private space and I enjoy it so much!!Messy or straightened up...It is mine and I feel blessed to have it.

I must congratulate your attitude. I feel the same way about my sewing room. The room use to be a nursery with built ins. DH put in a computer, desk, then a TV. During the day the only reason to leave this room is to eat! Love it here. It is my space!

Quilt Mom 09-30-2010 04:46 AM

What sewing area? I steal a corner from the kitchen when I sew. Then it has to be cleaned up before the next meal...
:-(

vjengels 09-30-2010 04:49 AM

My sewing room is so inviting , it's on the verge of being 'stalker-ish'... I've had several occaisions where the door shut just as I was trying to leave... so, what else could I do but stay?!

JAGSD 09-30-2010 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by finch
I love my sewing room.It is filled with alot of my favorite things.It is my private space and I enjoy it so much!!Messy or straightened up...It is mine and I feel blessed to have it.

Ditto:
The same for mine!! I have it in the basement with a walk out door, but all is welcome to come and go, sometimes it gets messy, sometimes it's not...

thequilteddove 09-30-2010 04:54 AM

Not at the moment *pouts* It's a total mess! I haven't wanted to be down there in months.

quiltaroni 09-30-2010 05:05 AM

My sewing room invites me to do many things.

One of them is to have equal time with this computer.

Grandmama Pat 09-30-2010 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Deara

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by Deara
I prefer a clean sewing room when I start a new project. It only takes a few minutes to throw the scraps in a bag, put the thread and bobbins away, change your needle and clean the fuzzies out of the machine and empty the trash.
That way I find all my tools I need for the next project.

You and I would get along GREAT!! :thumbup:

My sewing room is your sewing room anytime.
I love to share.

I'll come sew in your room when I come to visit my daughter. OK?

featherweight 09-30-2010 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by pieces
My sewing room is always neat. Can't stand clutter, I put rulers away after I finish using them. After sewing I put my nips away, my box of pins. As I sew and trim threads they go straight to the trash. After I finish with a project the fabric goes back into the bin or scrap box. I have pictures on the wall and a small quilt hangs on the wall at my sewing machine.
In homemec we were told 'a place for everthing,
and everything in its place'. And I have continued this throughout my house, sewing room included. :thumbup:

That is exactly how I like to do things. I have a little Shark Vacuumn in my sewing room and pick up all the treads that missed my trash bin after sewing for the day too. Love it that way.

kwhite 09-30-2010 05:40 AM

I have a multiple hundred dollar cat hammock in my sewing room. I bought a Gracie and have a practice peice on it. Anytime I am in there both cats must be on it lounging. I really don't mind now but when I put on a real quilt I must find a way to keep thim off. Otherwise my room is normally in a huge mess. I am with Teri. If I put things away I can't find a thing.

Twisted Quilter 09-30-2010 05:49 AM

Is my sewing area inviting? ABSOLUTELY...it's in the kitchen! :lol: