Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Printing with Inklingo >

Printing with Inklingo

Printing with Inklingo

Old 09-22-2013, 06:16 AM

Default Printing with Inklingo

I hate to say I am techno challanged.........That is an understatement. Is any one out there familiar with it. I have the stuff but I am stumped on the printing. I could use some help and would be willing to call on my dime, or what ever. I really want to learn it and I am not to slow I am sure I am just missing a little something and will be surprised. It is probably just a mental block. Help please.Thanks
Shannon Summers (candicane)
Old 09-22-2013, 06:19 AM

Iron your fabric to freezer paper and it should feed through your printer just fine. What part are you having problems with?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:41 AM

You are using an inkjet printer, right? Not a laser jet? You also need Adobe Reader, which is free.

Have you checked on Linda's website? There is a support tab with FAQs and download instructions. She is very responsive to questions. There is also a Yahoo group you can join. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Inklingo/

Last edited by Peckish; 09-22-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 AM

Be sure and leave a leading edge of just the freezer paper, maybe a 1/4 inch, when you iron on your fabric. It helps to get things started in the printer.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:07 AM

When you iron on the freezer paper, the top edge will tend to curl and jam up in your printer. What I do is after I iron on the paper on one side, I flip it over and iron on a 1/4 inch of freezer paper to the top edge of the end that feeds into the printer first. This will take the curl out of the top edge and prevent jamming.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:07 AM

I am new to Inklingo too and am just loving it. When I first started, it seemed simple enough, but when I actually started, those thoughts turned into "you've got to be kidding". Anyway....I kept at it. I joined her Yahoo Group. There are lots of helpful people there and you can go backward through the posts to read others stories. Also, when I was totally stuck, I emailed Linda (Inklingo Linda) with my problem. She emailed me back within the hour with help, and then, she even followed up to be sure I was doing OK.
Alice