Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Problem with Fun Quilter by Nolting >

Problem with Fun Quilter by Nolting

Problem with Fun Quilter by Nolting

Old 07-22-2015, 06:38 AM

Did you change your needle or set it slightly to the right? I had a pkg of needles and every one had a burr that caused breaking and shredding.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:46 AM

I guess I would try to move the needle so the eye is a little past center. I have never had a problem contacting nolting and them replying are you in Iowa????
Old 07-22-2015, 08:38 AM

I have a Nolting Pro and I think the machines are built the same way.
Change the needle,it might have a burr on it and you don't know it. Check the bobbin case and bobbin track,it might have a small burr there ,check the needleplate, again burrs.
Use the same weight thread in top and bobbin,this is important. If this doesn't work,
Call the Factory, the guys on the floor are great. They will walk you thru this and will never rush you.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:03 AM

rebspy, can you let us know if your machine is working correctly now or if you still have issues. You have gotten some great help here.
Marge
TL18LS (2009)
Qbot V3

Originally Posted by rebspy View Post
I purchased a Fun Quilter by Nolting and have yet to be able to produce ONE quilt. I am experienced at quilting, so I do know what I am doing.

The thread keeps breaking and I have done everything: changed to different thread, worked with tightening and loosening the bobbin, worked with the tension--loosening and tightening, and contacted the manufacturer numerous times with no resolve.

Before I give up and sell this machine, does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-22-2015, 10:48 AM

I have on occasion, had that problem, and it usually turns out that my thread is not coming off the cone properly, and wrapping about the post. If that is happening, you can use one of those little nets over the cone that will prevent it from happening.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:33 PM

Is your presser foot resting on the quilt top when stopped?If there is any gap between the material and the foot when the needle comes into contact with the top- it will break the thread. (Ask me how I know this?!)
Old 07-23-2015, 07:09 PM

We have a Fun Quilter and my DH has called them several times and they have talked him through the problem. We have always been pleased with local rep and with the manufacturer. Maybe you have adjusted it too much and the tensions are out of whack. Where do you live, there may be a rep somewhere close.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:58 PM

I see your post is older, but I am having the same trouble with Nolting. Got mine in July at a quilt show, floor model, we were careful to set it up as instructed, called Nolting for help. I have been trying and trying to produce a good quilt. I switch bobbins and have to start all over. Tension, thread breakage - what did you do to resolve the problem. We are in Colorado - Nolting is in Iowa. It would be a long trip - but I'm ready to drive it back to them!
Old 12-17-2017, 04:35 PM

Hmm, All this time I thought Noltings was inStover, MO. Years ago, maybe 30, I use to go past it every weekend on the way to our place at the Lake of the Ozarks. I've even bought batting by the roll there. Sounds like it may have sold.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:18 PM

are you sure it is tension problems it might be your needle is not inserted correctly I would suggest you check that it does not take very much to have it turned to right or left a little I hope you understand what I am saying