Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Problem with Joann.com and Batiks

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    I can't get any of the fabric images to appear!! arrggghh. I want to make a quilt for my aunt's 25th anniversary on 8/5 and want to use batiks. Any other sites with good prices on batiks? Am I the only one that can't see the images on Joann.com?

Thanks for any help. I really want to get started on this quilt. I don't have a much time to get it done.

I just went there, can't get pictures to show up either, so it has to be their site.
    OOPS....I just hit REFRESH and the picture showed up.

Craftconn.com has some great fabrics. I shop there often.

Also, I know someone here collects Shrek (?) I think?
    There's Shrek fabric in their Clearance.

Blog Entries
    thousandsofbolts.com

it's the FIRST place i check for batiks. their prices are usually lower than any others i can find for the good stuff. this is especially true of batiks.

i've ordered from them often. good fabrics. good prices. great service. prompt delivery.

My walmart usually has four to 6 bolts at a time great price, just no big selection. If you have one near check.

Bevanger was looking for shreck

Thank you Loretta you just feed my passion I will be here all day looking and making a list of the ones I want.

There's a four day sale right now at www.quiltersquarters.com, their batiks are from some of the best manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    thousandsofbolts.com

it's the FIRST place i check for batiks. their prices are usually lower than any others i can find for the good stuff. this is especially true of batiks.

i've ordered from them often. good fabrics. good prices. great service. prompt delivery.
    Yes - GREAT batik fabrics at low prices.

There's a website that lets you search about 250 different quilt shops for fabric...I think its called quiltshops.com. I don't know what the prices would go for, but I'm sure you could find something that's not going to cost you an arm and a leg.

I ended up getting some very pretty cotton prints at thousandsofbolts.com. I saw them and liked them so much its going to be hard to give the quilt away.

jag

have you tried "Batik Fabric.com" ? prices are comparable to JoAnn"s and fabric print is clearer, also Robert Kaufman Batiks or Timeless Treasures, however they are pricey....
    do you live in Pa? Zook's in Intercourse Pa. has beautiful batiks, and they have a web site....I just invested in yards & yards..good luck..

I do live in PA and I'm actually going to be out in Lancaster August 2nd. I've been through Intercourse and the surrounding areas quite a few times. Don't you just love the names of some of the towns?

What is the website for Zook's? I'll have to check it out.