Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Problems with Husqvarna/Viking Victoria >

Problems with Husqvarna/Viking Victoria

Problems with Husqvarna/Viking Victoria

Old 09-21-2013, 08:27 PM

Default Problems with Husqvarna/Viking Victoria

I bought a Viking Victoria about 10 years ago - nice little sewing machine - no real problems with it. I've brought it with me on a visit to my daughter's college for her to have in case she needs it while in grad school over the next two years. Went to sew on it tonight and it is sewing very rough - the problem appears to actually be in the feed dogs; the stitch size can be adjusted and even at 1.5 cm, the stitches seem to be REALLY big and I'm able to pull the bobbin stitch out relatively freely. Even rethreading, different bobbin, etc. didn't seem to help.

Have any of you experienced a problem like this with your machine?

(Fortunately, there's a Viking dealership less than two miles away from where my daughter is living, so that's not going to be an issue.)
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 AM

Have you tried dropping the feed dogs completely and then resetting them to the 'up' position? Maybe in transport they wiggled a bit??
Old 09-22-2013, 04:38 AM

I have a Viking (different model) that I brought up to my cabin this summer. I started quilting with it and the feed dogs wouldn't move the fabric. I took it in (there's a dealer about an hour away) and they looked at it. Evidently it just needed a good internal cleaning and adjusting...... now it works fine. It's not that I don't clean it myself frequently. The repair person told me they just need to be opened up and tended to from time to time. Maybe transporting them giggles things around and they need a trip to the spa...... hope yours works fine after it gets adjusted.