Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Project of Doom?

  1. #1
    Super Member Rosyhf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Longwood, Florida
    Posts
    2,901

    Project of Doom?

    Anybody heard of this quilt? I happened to run across it on the web. It's a Paper P, Harry Potter project and the whole quilt pattern is free if you join the site. I did and downloaded it already, It's adorable and can be a great quilt for a child or adult lol...

    http://www.craftsy.com/user/1558670?...TEXT_ATTR=NONE

  2. #2
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    12,955
    Blog Entries
    1
    The link didn't work for me. I got your craftsy member profile only.

  3. #3
    Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The middle of an IL cornfield
    Posts
    7,022
    Blog Entries
    1

  4. #4
    Super Member mom-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,498
    Really cute pattern!

  5. #5
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,256
    I believe we've had a member here post one already. Very cool. I hope you show us the progress on yours.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    8,786
    Blog Entries
    14
    I saw it and downloaded it too! Now to find the time!!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    95
    Oh, yeah...she's from Austin. I remember her quilt from the show last week. Very cool. Nice that she is sharing!

  8. #8
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,256
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

  9. #9
    Super Member Rosyhf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Longwood, Florida
    Posts
    2,901
    Oh good, I love it. I will do it but not for a couple weeks and show the progress. I have two large panels of just Harry P. I will make these blocks and surround Harry with them instead of the quilt with just the blocks.

    I have been saving these panels until I got an idea and now I have it lol....ohhhhhh I can't wait.

  10. #10
    Super Member Rosyhf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Longwood, Florida
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    Oh good, I love it. I will do it but not for a couple weeks and show the progress. I have two large panels of just Harry P. I will make these blocks and surround Harry with them instead of the quilt with just the blocks.

    I have been saving these panels until I got an idea and now I have it lol....ohhhhhh I can't wait.
    Here is the pic of the panel, I have two, thank God as I read in another thread that ebay is gouging on HP fabrics because they stopped make the fabric. The panel measures 44 length by 34 wide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    Super Member Rosyhf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Longwood, Florida
    Posts
    2,901
    hahahahha how funny is it that my H quilt I am making is up on the board by Harry?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    392
    I was fortunate enough to discover her site and do the blocks as they came out the first time. That was my first experience with paper piecing, and I must say that I am hooked on the process. The whole thing was a lot fun. I managed to spill a cup of coffee on the finished top before I could even begin quilting it. There are now some holes and bare spots in it from going through the washer and dryer. I haven't decided whether I want to try to patch it or just make another one from scratch. I forgot that coordination strikes someone every forty-five seconds -- I was the victim that time. I don't try to drink coffee while I'm quilting anymore, though. HA! HA!

  13. #13
    Super Member mjsylvstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Spring Lake, NJ
    Posts
    2,458
    Have you gone into the Fandom site? It is fantastic...with so many designs from which to chose.
    They have all the Harry Potter patterns......too many to count !!!!!

    I have done some of their Dr.Who blocks for my family who are all SciFi fans.

    I made some blocks from the Blue's Clue patterns and sent them to Fandom for a woman whose grandson was going into the hospital and she needed help from some of the others to get it finished for him..

    Also did Asylan of Narnia........check it out..... www.fandominstitches.com

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orbiting
    Posts
    1,442
    Looking forward to watching the progress of your quilt.

    Am really jealous of those panels. You were smart to snatch them up when you did.

  15. #15
    Super Member tlpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lost in my sewing room
    Posts
    1,441
    That IS adorable!

  16. #16
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,305
    Cute pattern, although I would have to find something to substitute the owl block with.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orbiting
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    Cute pattern, although I would have to find something to substitute the owl block with.
    Just because I'm curious, why? Is it because it's too light a color?

  18. #18
    Power Poster solstice3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citrus County, Florida
    Posts
    10,818
    cute pattern

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NW Kansas
    Posts
    451
    It is a really fun quilt, I am working on one right now, for my oldest granddaughter for college graduation. I have about 250 to 300 hours in piecing, all paper pieced. When I get mine bound, I will try to post a picture. I am hand quilting the one I am making. A whole new experience for me, I had done a little paper piecing, but nothing to this extent. I have learned a lot making it.

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    Here is the pic of the panel, I have two, thank God as I read in another thread that ebay is gouging on HP fabrics because they stopped make the fabric. The panel measures 44 length by 34 wide.
    That's is awesome. Will you build the bookcase around the panel? Please show stages of your quilt.

  21. #21
    Super Member owlvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,501
    Blog Entries
    2
    I love that panel. Been trying to find Harry Potter fabric too. Where did you find your panel?
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

  22. #22
    Super Member Rosyhf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Longwood, Florida
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsylvstr View Post
    Have you gone into the Fandom site? It is fantastic...with so many designs from which to chose.
    They have all the Harry Potter patterns......too many to count !!!!!

    I have done some of their Dr.Who blocks for my family who are all SciFi fans.

    I made some blocks from the Blue's Clue patterns and sent them to Fandom for a woman whose grandson was going into the hospital and she needed help from some of the others to get it finished for him..

    Also did Asylan of Narnia........check it out..... www.fandominstitches.com
    I love that site, I have downloaded the HP blocks to surround my panel with.

  23. #23
    Super Member Rosyhf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Longwood, Florida
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
    That's is awesome. Will you build the bookcase around the panel? Please show stages of your quilt.
    Yes, I will and as I make the blocks, I am sure I will have other ideas.

  24. #24
    Super Member Rosyhf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Longwood, Florida
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
    I love that panel. Been trying to find Harry Potter fabric too. Where did you find your panel?


    I have no idea lol. I am sure I got it in some shop while visiting. I have had them for a while.

  25. #25
    Super Member CAS49OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,653
    I added it to my Crafsy library because I like a few of the blocks in there. The quilt as a whole looks too messy, like my bookshelf!
    :-)
    CAS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.