Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Project of Doom?

Project of Doom?

Anybody heard of this quilt? I happened to run across it on the web. It's a Paper P, Harry Potter project and the whole quilt pattern is free if you join the site. I did and downloaded it already, It's adorable and can be a great quilt for a child or adult lol...

http://www.craftsy.com/user/1558670?...TEXT_ATTR=NONE

Blog Entries
    The link didn't work for me. I got your craftsy member profile only.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really cute pattern!

I believe we've had a member here post one already. Very cool. I hope you show us the progress on yours.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    I saw it and downloaded it too! Now to find the time!!

Oh, yeah...she's from Austin. I remember her quilt from the show last week. Very cool. Nice that she is sharing!

I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Oh good, I love it. I will do it but not for a couple weeks and show the progress. I have two large panels of just Harry P. I will make these blocks and surround Harry with them instead of the quilt with just the blocks.

I have been saving these panels until I got an idea and now I have it lol....ohhhhhh I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    Oh good, I love it. I will do it but not for a couple weeks and show the progress. I have two large panels of just Harry P. I will make these blocks and surround Harry with them instead of the quilt with just the blocks.

I have been saving these panels until I got an idea and now I have it lol....ohhhhhh I can't wait.
    Here is the pic of the panel, I have two, thank God as I read in another thread that ebay is gouging on HP fabrics because they stopped make the fabric. The panel measures 44 length by 34 wide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hahahahha how funny is it that my H quilt I am making is up on the board by Harry?

I was fortunate enough to discover her site and do the blocks as they came out the first time. That was my first experience with paper piecing, and I must say that I am hooked on the process. The whole thing was a lot fun. I managed to spill a cup of coffee on the finished top before I could even begin quilting it. There are now some holes and bare spots in it from going through the washer and dryer. I haven't decided whether I want to try to patch it or just make another one from scratch. I forgot that coordination strikes someone every forty-five seconds -- I was the victim that time. I don't try to drink coffee while I'm quilting anymore, though. HA! HA!

Have you gone into the Fandom site? It is fantastic...with so many designs from which to chose.
    They have all the Harry Potter patterns......too many to count !!!!!

I have done some of their Dr.Who blocks for my family who are all SciFi fans.

I made some blocks from the Blue's Clue patterns and sent them to Fandom for a woman whose grandson was going into the hospital and she needed help from some of the others to get it finished for him..

Also did Asylan of Narnia........check it out..... www.fandominstitches.com

Looking forward to watching the progress of your quilt.

Am really jealous of those panels. You were smart to snatch them up when you did.

That IS adorable!

Cute pattern, although I would have to find something to substitute the owl block with.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    Cute pattern, although I would have to find something to substitute the owl block with.
    Just because I'm curious, why? Is it because it's too light a color?

cute pattern

It is a really fun quilt, I am working on one right now, for my oldest granddaughter for college graduation. I have about 250 to 300 hours in piecing, all paper pieced. When I get mine bound, I will try to post a picture. I am hand quilting the one I am making. A whole new experience for me, I had done a little paper piecing, but nothing to this extent. I have learned a lot making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    Here is the pic of the panel, I have two, thank God as I read in another thread that ebay is gouging on HP fabrics because they stopped make the fabric. The panel measures 44 length by 34 wide.
    That's is awesome. Will you build the bookcase around the panel? Please show stages of your quilt.

Blog Entries
    I love that panel. Been trying to find Harry Potter fabric too. Where did you find your panel?
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjsylvstr View Post
    Have you gone into the Fandom site? It is fantastic...with so many designs from which to chose.
    They have all the Harry Potter patterns......too many to count !!!!!

I have done some of their Dr.Who blocks for my family who are all SciFi fans.

I made some blocks from the Blue's Clue patterns and sent them to Fandom for a woman whose grandson was going into the hospital and she needed help from some of the others to get it finished for him..

Also did Asylan of Narnia........check it out..... www.fandominstitches.com
    I love that site, I have downloaded the HP blocks to surround my panel with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
    That's is awesome. Will you build the bookcase around the panel? Please show stages of your quilt.
    Yes, I will and as I make the blocks, I am sure I will have other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
    I love that panel. Been trying to find Harry Potter fabric too. Where did you find your panel?

I have no idea lol. I am sure I got it in some shop while visiting. I have had them for a while.

I added it to my Crafsy library because I like a few of the blocks in there. The quilt as a whole looks too messy, like my bookshelf!
    :-)
    CAS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast