Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects bought and waiting..........

Before I retired I started buying kits and patterns and fabric to make those patterns because after I retired I wouldnt have the extra money to buy them, I never took into account everything I already had. Well I have been retired 3 years now and if I never bought another thing I will never live to make all these quilts. But the good news is I have daughters and granddaughters who love to quilt, so its all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    I'm on board with that. I have too many things to finish. No more starts with the only exception being swaps. And, I'm not involved with too many of those. I used to be such a good little quilter. Start to Finish. I have 5 quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted and numerous small projects. And some are several years old. Time to finish. I will be looking to see if you've started a thread. Being held accountable not such a bad thing.
    I'm a bit scared to go along with this even though I know that I need to. Although, there is still a bit of time before 2012 starts to pack the larder! I will say that if a challenge is started I will give it some very serious thought to joining. It would be nice to have some group support in this difficult endeavor.

Blog Entries
    If any....ha ha!! You are so funny.

I honestly have too much. I only started quilting...well almost 3 years ago now. I bough fabric while I was in Anchorage this summer and it's still sitting in the tub I put it in when I returned home and haven't made a thing with it (including Grinch christmas fabric!!!!).

I have a weakness....BOMs. I joined two last year...didn't finish, got about 7 out of 9 blocks on one done and 2 blocks out of 9 on the other. So what did I do this year? Signed up for 3. One I didn't even complete one block with because who has the time???

So, not counting projects on my own, classes with my LQS...I have 5 BOM projects to finish.
    LQS classes? well I have one class left this session, a tote bag in December so that doesn't count yet. But I have 2 projects to finish from this fall...Firefly (a new york beauty style wall hanging) and a pineapple quilt. Last session? Oh I actually did good, I finished (not counting the quilting, we're not counting quilting are we???) 2 out of 3 projects. I still have my one block wonder to finish piecing..however, I only have 5 rows left on that one!!!

Previous sessions? Hmm...Rolling Waves and a Autumn Wall hanging (it's applique...takes me forever).

So what am I up to???? 10???? And that's not counting my at home projects...let's not discuss those yet.

I really need to finish something. I don't want to even contemplate my cross stitch WIPS and UFOs...I may need some chocolate to help with this strange bit of woozy-ness that has overcome me.
    Vivian
    Yukon Territory, Canada
    www.quiltingunderthemidnightsun.blogspot.ca

Blog Entries
    I'm telling myself that I am stocking up for when my husband retires at the end of the year and I won't be able to buy things then. I don't think he bought it!

I have several just initially started but none finished. I know I need to finish just one but I'm ADD and get bored and go to something else.

I refuse to go count them, but will confess to two that need to be finished before Christmas. The lap quilt I started quilting yesterday and the other is a queen-sized flannel that I'm almost half done hand quilting. Oh, and a baby quilt. I will watch this thread and see if someone starts one that we must account for our progress. I have at least 3 I want to finish in 2012. It's difficult when you work two jobs to support your addictions!
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

I have a stack of finished tops and boxes of projects with fabrics ready to go. Unfortunately I will go into those boxes and "borrow" a fabric that will work on something else that I'm doing. Then I'll have to replace the fabric whenever I'm ready for that project. There's this one fabric that I should have bought the whole bolt because i keep going for that green.
    One step at a time, always forward.

With all the baby quilts I have to make the kids will be teens by the time I finish. That does not include promised curtains for a playhouse, kindle cover, swag for my kitchen, oh...all kinds of stuff!

I too have too many wip...and counting them would be depressing......so, everyone, since a new year is approaching...well, almost, we should make a group resolution - something like finishing one and maybe at least two of these wip this coming year..........someone compose the agreement and we shall say aye to it........

Wow, now this a scary question! haha Too many projects in work to count.

Blog Entries
    6 WIP and around 20 that are all ready with fabric and pattern pairs nicely in small containers. I buy the pattern and fabric and then store everything together in small shoebox size clear containers, ready to go. I really would like to do a couple scrappies too. This year I did very little buying, and tried to work on my pile. Of course I bought a little, but mostly backing, or batting. I really have to work on these ones and not buy more. I am not even attending any classes but have booked into a few retreats that will allow me to work on my pile of progects.
    I dont like to have too many WIP, drives me a little crazy.

Maybe that could be a new term POPs----Pile of projects!
    fatquarters

I have many waiting to be finished. Most were started when I was working and didn't get finished (either from class or a shop hop).

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have over 60 quilt kits sitting in my sewing room. Then I have shelves, drawers, rubbermaid tubs, and baskets full of fabrics. I have 9 quilts that I need to bind (I don't like binding one bit), 6 that need to go to the long arm quilter, and about 10 that I'm working on. I'm OCD all the way. I work on one for just so long and get bored and start a new one. That's why I have so many I'm still working on. But I always get them done within a year. I make about 20 quilts a year. I'm retired and quilt almost every day. My housework shows how much I love to quilt :-)
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Not tellin'! Like Sewflower, I can't count that high. Suffice it to say, enough for one lifetime. I'm not as fast (or diligent) at finishing projects as I used to be. Actually, I guess it does serve a purpose... I can't die until I finish all these projects.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    I have over 60 quilt kits sitting in my sewing room. Then I have shelves, drawers, rubbermaid tubs, and baskets full of fabrics. I have 9 quilts that I need to bind (I don't like binding one bit), 6 that need to go to the long arm quilter, and about 10 that I'm working on. I'm OCD all the way. I work on one for just so long and get bored and start a new one. That's why I have so many I'm still working on. But I always get them done within a year. I make about 20 quilts a year. I'm retired and quilt almost every day. My housework shows how much I love to quilt :-)
    Oh, my, you've got even me beat! Too bad we live so far apart, because I'd enjoy binding your quilts. In return, you could cut my fabric for me. Housework? What housework?

My list would only depress me so I refuse to think about it. Instead I'll think like Scarlett (O'Hara) " After all, tomorrow is another day to quilt." I'm pretty sure that's what she said. ; )
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...EFCC47044D.png
    You only go around once in life, but if you do it right, once is enough!

Seriously, this thread has really inspired me to dig out all my kits and other unfinished/unstarted and forgotten projects. I could free up a lot of cabinet space for fabric, as well as get a clearer idea of what I DO have and what needs to be planned into my quilting schedule. Thank you all, again, for lighting a fire under me!

Blog Entries
    I have also though of a few that no longer want to construct, so I'm taking the fabric and putting it into the sale bin. There I just downsized.

Blog Entries
    Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. Enough said? LOL

Afraid to count. Have them in big plastic container on down to the smaller size.

Too many to count. Just building for my retirement!

I'm afraid to count. I am, however, reassured that I am not the only one alone in this..... we should come up with a name for this condition...
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I have one that is waiting to be quilted and it is a Christmas gift so I need to get a move on. Then since I am gonna be a new grandma in May I can finally make all the projects I have collected over the last 2 years for when the time came. Hehehehe. That is about 5-6 of them, and then......!!!! Well lets see, about another 10-15 things on my must do list.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sewflower View Post
    LOL Can't count that high.
    I can't count that high either. I just pray for a long life of quilting.

I have 5 finished TOPS waiting to be sandwiched. Two project for quilts half done, have been since summer, one huge celtic knot quilt I'm making for DD and SIL for Christmas..not sure I am going to make it. Yesterday a friend at work asked me if I'd make her a bottle holder like mine..so that took a couple hours out of my day off, I still have to make a table runner for the Mom, I may cheat and use some blocks I'd started for yet another quilt. have to make a pillowcase for the brother. And it's only a month away. Why, oh why, did I wait so long???
    have been happily divorced from the same guy for 39 years now! Yay!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast