Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Projects for Crafts Sale >

Projects for Crafts Sale

Projects for Crafts Sale

Old 07-26-2010, 06:10 AM

I have recently moved to a retirement home. There is to be an arts and crafts sale here for residents and the general public in November.

I have loads of fabric and craft patterns, but need suggestions for things that will sell well. I am experienced at various sewing and quilting crafts, but don't want to tackle projects that are too time consuming since I am caregiver for a disabled husband.

Please reply with your suggestions.

Thanks,
Bebe
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 AM

how about pot mits and table runners, place mats, small things maybe pillow cases make them in matching sets as well as singles. at least they are quick and you could sell them fairly cheaply. you could use up lots of scraps.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

All those neat little pin cushions, there are so many free patterns for them!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

place mats, table toppers, coasters, candle mats, pot holders & mitts, hats, scarf's, aprons, journal covers, tote bags/purses, fabric bowls, rugs, hot-pads, rice bags...boy the list could go on and on :)
i participated in a couple craft fairs at a local care facility; most of the items that sold well were under $20...$5 and $10 items sell quickly (remember most of the residents have very limited incomes and they do these shows to allow them the opportunity to purchase gifts for their family members and friends, so the lower your prices the better your sales will be. book marks and little coin purses for $1- $2 items are great too...
Old 07-26-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou
I have recently moved to a retirement home. There is to be an arts and crafts sale here for residents and the general public in November.

I have loads of fabric and craft patterns, but need suggestions for things that will sell well. I am experienced at various sewing and quilting crafts, but don't want to tackle projects that are too time consuming since I am caregiver for a disabled husband.

Please reply with your suggestions.

Thanks,
Bebe
Try this link i use it a lot there are a lot of good patterns you can use

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/mcsh...s.html/#sewing
Old 07-26-2010, 06:38 AM

I make fabric yo-yos of Christmas fabrics, glue a pin back on the smooth side and small wooden Christmas decoration on the front to cover the gathering. The pin backs are cheapest at Hobby Lobby, I could get bigger bags of them. The wooden decorations were from Michaels for 25c, usually used to decorate frames I think. It's hard to calculate the cost, but I estimated 40c to 50c and I sold them for $1 each or 6 for $5. People loved the ones angels the best.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 AM

Jerrie--Thanks for the website...

ncsewer..what a good idea..there are always some people that you would like to do a little something for that isn't really to expensive..thanks for sharing!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep them coming!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 AM

You might also want to ask several non-quilters in your area what they would like to see since non-quilters will make up the majority of your customers.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 AM

Microwave potato baker, casserole caddy, travel jewelry roll, cell phone holder, any of the smaller items as suggested above...