Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Prostitcher >

Prostitcher

Prostitcher

Old 03-02-2021, 04:41 AM

Default Prostitcher

Took a class on ProStitcher on the HQ Amira 20 machine. I thought the software was very user friendly and did some wonderful things. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Old 03-02-2021, 04:51 AM

I used to have the Fusion with ProStitcher I sold my set up and bought a Innova with AutoPilot. I think with all manufacturers there are pros and cons to each particular brand. Do you have a HQ set up? I was happy with my HQ, and I am slowly learning to love my Innova. I found lots of members here that had HQ set ups and they are always happy to help.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:24 AM

I do, and use it quite a bit. In the last few years HQ had made some significant improvements to the software and it was a real game changer. I love that updates are free (just don't connect the controlling laptop to the internet).

I only quilt for myself, so though I toy with the idea of upgrading to the Innova, I don't really have any significant problems with the HQ that I'd like to "fix".

I have the Fusion and it does not have any sensors so it does not know when it runs out of thread, so it never stops stitching even if something bad happens. I think some of the newer HQ machines will stop if something goes wrong and that is very nice to have. So for me, whether I'm using robotics or FM - I have to be right at my machine keeping an eye on the stitching. With my embroidery machine, I can be stitching away on a machine next to it and that works. It's got so many sensors it normally figures out there is a problem and stops well before I'd notice it.