Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Purchasing Fabric Online >

Purchasing Fabric Online

Purchasing Fabric Online

Old 08-25-2011, 02:51 PM

I purchase from a small independent shop Hawthorn Threads.com. They have great prices, lots of sales, giveaways and good shipping. Just wonderful service.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:45 PM

Missouri Star Quilt Company. I say their prices are fairly decent. They start at $5.95 a yard (mostly the Bella Solids) and the highest is $17.50...the highest was their extra wide backing. There were only a few fabrics that were over $9.95. They also have a selection of precuts. Every day they have something on their Daily Deal where they have a certain item for at least 30% off. With just about anything you buy you can earn points (the amount of points you get depends on the item). You can use these points on a future purchase to get a discount (1 pt = $.01 off your purchase price). Comes in handy if you plan on buying a lot. Also, their customer service is great.

missouriquiltco.com

EBay can also be a good place to get fabric at reasonable prices. If you're interested in getting Moda marble fat quarters I recommend buying from anielia. 100% feedback and ships FAST. I'd say $4.08 for the fat quarter and shipping is not bad at all. I know she has other stuff, but I've only bought the marbles so I couldn't tell you what she has. Might be worth checking out her other stuff though.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM

I usually google the fabric manufacturer or line that I am looking for. Then it is a case of going thru the selected sites and comparing prices.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:25 PM

There was a post earlier recommending The Rented Mule Quilts.com having a sale $1.00 off 10 yards until the end of August. It was posted under links or something like that. I have not ordered from them yet.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Thank you for the information. Everyone had great ideas.
Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
I purchase from a small independent shop Hawthorn Threads.com. They have great prices, lots of sales, giveaways and good shipping. Just wonderful service.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 AM

I actually buy from Missouri Star Quilt Co and I love their products. I have looked at ebay a few times but haven't purchased there. Thanks for the suggestions.
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Missouri Star Quilt Company. I say their prices are fairly decent. They start at $5.95 a yard (mostly the Bella Solids) and the highest is $17.50...the highest was their extra wide backing. There were only a few fabrics that were over $9.95. They also have a selection of precuts. Every day they have something on their Daily Deal where they have a certain item for at least 30% off. With just about anything you buy you can earn points (the amount of points you get depends on the item). You can use these points on a future purchase to get a discount (1 pt = $.01 off your purchase price). Comes in handy if you plan on buying a lot. Also, their customer service is great.

missouriquiltco.com

EBay can also be a good place to get fabric at reasonable prices. If you're interested in getting Moda marble fat quarters I recommend buying from anielia. 100% feedback and ships FAST. I'd say $4.08 for the fat quarter and shipping is not bad at all. I know she has other stuff, but I've only bought the marbles so I couldn't tell you what she has. Might be worth checking out her other stuff though.