Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: QNNtv anyone?

QNNtv anyone?

I wondered if anyone else got the email about the QNNtv makeover and did you notice the price to have access to all the videos? I could hardly justify spending $24 for a year of it. It is now $69.99 for a year for access to all the videos. They do now have Quilting Arts on now. I would have subscribed at $25 or $$30 for a year with that, but before I had joined for a year, and I just did not watch that many videos. Now with Quilting Arts I would love to join, but just not sure it would be worth that much money. If anyone hears of a deal on this, please let me know....I would be interested.

for me there are too many free things. Eleanor Burns shows are all free. Nancy Zieman's shows are free and she does do some quilting. Leah Day's videos are free. And then there is "the you-tube".
    Alyce

I did it for a couple of months when it was cheap. I wanted to watch long arm videos and they had some good ones. I would not pay $8 a month. But I did not belong to the Alex Anderson ones either. I watched a few of the free ones and sometimes it just seems like a big commercial for the person who is staring on the video.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Same way with different patterns. Too many freebees out there to justify paying. Especially for those on limited incomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    for me there are too many free things. Eleanor Burns shows are all free. Nancy Zieman's shows are free and she does do some quilting. Leah Day's videos are free. And then there is "the you-tube".

Everything is going up. Fabric prices are going to have a noticeable increase. Verizon has "unbundle" their FIOS TV so that it will cost you $40 dollars to get all the channels you use to get last month.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

If you are member of QCA it is free with membership. That being said, I don't know how that converts to the TV, I just use it online.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    I tried joining that when it was 24.99 a year and did not watch enough of the videos to make it worth my money I get more good info and useuable from MSQC that is free plus if I want a class I go to craftsy as it is always on my computer and I can use it on my own time only my idea but I am on a fixed income and cannot justify 69.99 a year when there is so much help on the internet

What is MSQC?

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    What is MSQC?
    Missouri Star Quilt Company, just type this in and go to tutorials. There are lots of them and they are fab!! Jenny Doan is one lovely lady.
    Anne
    Anniehug

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    What is MSQC?
    Missouri Star Quilt Company

Got it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose S. View Post
    I wondered if anyone else got the email about the QNNtv makeover and did you notice the price to have access to all the videos? I could hardly justify spending $24 for a year of it. It is now $69.99 for a year for access to all the videos. They do now have Quilting Arts on now. I would have subscribed at $25 or $$30 for a year with that, but before I had joined for a year, and I just did not watch that many videos. Now with Quilting Arts I would love to join, but just not sure it would be worth that much money. If anyone hears of a deal on this, please let me know....I would be interested.
    I joined when there was a 12 special. It was pretty good for 12. There is an "automatic" renewal you have to watch for. I email them immediately and request removal of the auto renewal because I won't remember to cx when the year is up. Then I wait for another 12 dollar option. I won't pay more than that. I don't use it enough. I remember when the F and P shows were all free. You could binge watch old shows for hours. I can do without unless it's 12 dollars. (Max -Burke VA)

I subscribe to 1 quilt mag and utilize my local library. I rarely use utube.

Blog Entries
    I have bought this last year. Not worth the price. I find that I am not using it. To many free ones to watch on you tube.

Im glad I got to see all the old videos when it was free.
    No way will I pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I agree. YouTube is a great source Lots of free stuff.

I joined years ago and stayed for sometime before I realized I just was not using it enough to pay for it. By the time I answer my messages from family and friends and spend time here on the board I have to get off if I want any quilting time. There is so much free to watch when I find the time and some are much better than what I found there.

Wow that is quite a jump in price...I did not want to join at the original, now for sure no way.......wonder how many will subscribe to that! To much no cost/ little cost info available....
    And it was said fabric is going to go up AGAIN! That's going to be a definite killer.......

Blog Entries
    I subscribed when it was new and only $12. Never watched it, let it go. Too many free on the 'net.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Quilting Arts is a public television (PBS) program. Perhaps, going to their website would provide a link to watch the program free. Not sure about this, just a hunch. $70 a year is way out of reach for me. I will have to drop my subscription when it runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by anniehug View Post
    Missouri Star Quilt Company, just type this in and go to tutorials. There are lots of them and they are fab!! Jenny Doan is one lovely lady.
    Anne
    I love the Missouri Star Quilt Co tutorials...not so much because I want to learn how to make something...it just helps keep me motivated. I like Jenny's can-do attitude. And she always seems genuinely in a good mood.