Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Queen Quilter 18 >

Queen Quilter 18

Queen Quilter 18

Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by toi123
I just went back to look at the specifications of the machine, and this was one of the paragraphs of what the machine offers:

Hopping Foot - Hopping foot holds down the fabric while the needle completes the stitch. The foot
height can be adjusted up and down for thickness of batting or material. The foot also allows for
stitching next to rulers and templates.
You can use rulers with the foot. It is just not 1/4" from the needle to the edge of the foot. And many rulers are designed to be used 1/4" from the needle. You have to adjust the distance yourself, instead of trusting the ruler.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM

I just use my regular rulers when doing ruler work...you are correct that the machine doesn't stop when you stop, but it is like sooo slow, kinda like tying off...I just put my control box as far right on the handle as it would go...I've just gotten used of it now. If you are looking for economical then this is a good deal...
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
toi123 - contact Huntsville Sew and Vac. Donna is really a great lady to work with. She also sells the Lizzie and the Guntersville store has the new Janome 18" as well.
I'd check with them first before you buy a machine so far away from home. ;)

And hi from another Huntsville, AL member!! :)
Hi, Huntsville Friend!

I went the the Huntsville Sew and Vac, and oh, no! Another "bad" store for me! They have a quilting machine set up in that store, as small as it looks from the outside, and for $100, they'll give you lessons on it, whether you purchase it or not, and once you do the lessons, you can rent the machine for $15/hour. What!? I'm on the list and waiting for my lesson.

Thanks for this wonderful place to go!