Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about which Accuquilt >

Question about which Accuquilt

Question about which Accuquilt

Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 PM

I am sorry to bring this subject up again on the board. But I don't quite understand the differenct between the Accuquilt machine sold alone and the mix and match set. Do you get to pick the dies you want with the mix and match?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Power Poster

No, the mix and match is a set as supplied, but it has lots of dies within it that will make great 12in blocks - gives you a lot of versatility. Our quilt group bought a Go, the M&M set, a 2.5in strip die, and a couple of applique dies to give us a selection to start with. Since then, we have added some more appliques - flowers, hearts and Arabesques, because they were on sale.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I bought just the Go! (comes with a single die that has multiple single shapes on it; have never used this die) and bought the dies I wanted separately.

The mix'n'match comes with a pre-determined mix of individual dies that work together for making, say, a sampler of 12" blocks. The dies in the mix'n'match were not necessarily ones that I ordinarily use.

The Accuquilt dies that I find most useful are the triangles and tumbler shapes because these are difficult to cut with a rotary cutter (the triangles come with the corners nipped off, which is vey helpful for accuracy when piecing). I also like the strip cutter dies. For me, they are not necessarily faster than rotary cutting strips but they are very accurate without any extra effort.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:26 AM

OK, I've crawled out of my cave again and I am intrigued.....what is an Accuquilt and what does it do? I am saving my pennies (lots and lots of them) for an embroidery machine, but I have been hearing a lot about Accuquilt. Is it expensive? (silly question, huh? almost everything related to quilting is expensive. haha) Thanks for any explanation you can give.....Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Accuquilt makes die cutting machines for quilters. The Go! is the portable model; the Studio is the larger one that quilt shops buy. They make accurate cutting of shapes easier.

There are a lot of video demonstrations on Youtube.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Accuquilt makes die cutting machines for quilters. The Go! is the portable model; the Studio is the larger one that quilt shops buy. They make accurate cutting of shapes easier.

There are a lot of video demonstrations on Youtube.
Thank you for the info. Will look into this after the holidays.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Thanks everyone. I have pretty much decided to get one of these if hubby doesn't get me one tomorrow. I wish I had picked it up on Black friday at Joann's, that price was great!