Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Husqvarna Designer SE >

Question about Husqvarna Designer SE

Question about Husqvarna Designer SE

Old 02-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Default Question about Husqvarna Designer SE

I am looking at a Designer SE that has barely been used. I have 2 questions:

Does this machine have the auto presser foot that can be moved up and down with the foot control? (The owner didn't know)

The asking price is $1200. Is that a fair price?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by bizzibee View Post
I am looking at a Designer SE that has barely been used. I have 2 questions:

Does this machine have the auto presser foot that can be moved up and down with the foot control? (The owner didn't know)

The asking price is $1200. Is that a fair price?
No foot control for presser foot, but if you set it for needle down at stop the foot automatically lifts up. Which rocks as a feature.

i am assuming they are including the embroidery arm and the hoops that came with it.

1200? If you dont buy it, I will and give it to my mom. I know more women who refuse to give up these machines even when our local shop offers them 3k.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Power Poster

I have a designer se- the pressure foot does go down when I step on the foot control- and raises when I step off the foot. has the needle down feature, is a great machine. as for (is it worth it?) that is up to you- you could call a local shop/dealer & ask if they have any used ones-what they cost (many do have used machines- because people trade theirs in when upgrading) I would insist on a test drive before spending that kind of money- and also call a local dealer & ask if you can take an (owner's class) to learn how to use all the features and take care of your machine.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

RE: the foot up/down thing. Not sure exactly what you are asking. There is no lever for putting the foot down like a mechanical machine. You use a button. There are 3 vertical foot positions, up a tiny bit, normal 'up', and really up, to get your embroidery hoop in.
When you apply pressure to the foot pedal to start to sew, the foot automatically lowers all the way, you don't need to use the button.
IF you have selected the needle down position, the foot will automatically raise a tiny bit when you stop, allowing you to pivot your fabric or slide the next patch in when chain stitching.
My sister had a machine with a knee lift that she was going on and on about and I when I finally figured out what she was talking about I was like "you mean you have to do something with your knee to pivot your fabric? It doesn't do that magically?"
Looked at ebay completed sales and $1200 is a GREAT price, but I agree with the other posters, make sure they let you use it first and check with a dealer about classes.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:22 AM

I have a Designer SE and love it. Yes, you can drop the needle with the foot control. It has so many features. Be sure this price includes the embroidery module. Any accessories with it? Embroidery software? I would think the price is fair. I paid over $5,000 for mine eight or nine years ago.