Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about these appliques I have....

So I got these really cute appliques to go on the baby's quilt, and I haven't a clue how I should attach them...

It said that I could hot glue them on(never ever ever again will I use a hot glue gun) stitch them on, or use a double sided fusing something or other....

What would be the best route to take? I am planning on posting a picture of the top so far, maybe that would help?

Any help would be great!! :D

Okay, well haven´t seen the appliques, but the way to go would be to buy some Steam-a-seam2, lightweight. You will have to place them on the steam a seam and cut round it. then iron it on to the BACK of the piece. so place your applique wrong side down when drawing round it and then turn it over and PRESS it on. Just hold the iron on it for about 5 seconds.

Hope that helps. Good luck. Maybe that was as clear as mud.

Elle

check out the free video on appliq. at: www.allpeoplequilt.com

Ooops thanks Loretta, wasn´t thinking yes ofcourse stitch around your appliques either with a satin stitch or buttonhole stitch.

Elle

Blog Entries
    I go along with butterflyspain..I was told about the steam and seam also, by a lady friend at our material shop in town here, and used it with in the last 2, and a fabulous product. Sometime down the road i will use it again. Again, fabulous fusible web.. Don