Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for Accuquilt Studio People >

Question for Accuquilt Studio People

Question for Accuquilt Studio People

Old 10-11-2015, 05:39 AM

5" square to make your own charms
Old 10-11-2015, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I think the custom die was called Fat Quarter die. Many on the Accuquilt Facebook page have it and I believe Ebony Love is the designer of it and said she gave permission for anyone to order it. Who ever the designer was gave permission. I remember that much. There is a new site that makes and sells dies for Studio and Sizzix that was just listed on the Facebook page at a discount price. Many have ordered and said the dies were perfect. The link is : http://www.smastercrafts.com/
They will send you a free sample of a die!
Old 10-11-2015, 05:21 PM

If you are on Facebook, you can type in Accuquilt and beyond. Then ask to join the group. I have the Go and have learned so much from this group over the past few months.

Connie
Old 10-12-2015, 03:22 AM

Thank you Connie, I will do that. Fed Ex says it arrives tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I can't remember if it was here or on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Studio group, but a member had a special die made that was brilliant making the most useful Scrap Savers System cuts out of one full machine size of fabric.

Were I to get one that is the one I'd get. That die must be listed on their site because I know others ordered it.
Special ordering a die designed to your specs is EXPENSIVE!!!!! I had a quote for one they had quit making and almost passed out of shock. I can see having something made that is unique from what everyone else has but the price for less circles than the original was ridiculous. Jmho
Old 10-14-2015, 09:52 AM

When I bought the GO, it came with a few dies. But I bought 4 others because they were on sale at the Road to CA show and I could see them. Then I made a list of what I would use most and as they had a sale I buy dies. If you buy over $100.00 there is free shipping. If they have a free shipping deal I use that time to buy the mats that I need. I don't make that many quilts in a year that I needed to buy them all at once.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 AM

I got Half-Square Triangles, Quarter-Square Triangles, 1.5" Squares, a 3.5" Tumbler, and then the Winding Ways 8" block (love this pattern).

I figure that I can cut strips whenever I want, but I wanted pieces to play with and put together. I got the sizes that all play nicely together. So now I can cut my irregular scraps into usable shapes and can start sewing right away.