Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for hobbyist longarmers >

Question for hobbyist longarmers

Question for hobbyist longarmers

Old 01-09-2023, 01:35 PM

I have a Bailey Home Quilter on a Hintenberg frame. I live in a one bedroom apt. so have to be able to move the frame back against the wall when not in use. I put sliders under the frame and they work perfectly. My floor is ceramic tile so is level. I'm very careful when I pull or push the frame so as not to twist it, but in the seven years I've been doing this I've not had any problems at all. The Bailey is a mechanical machine without any electronics except the sew control sensors. I don't know if my method would work with the "true" longarms or not.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:23 PM

Thank you for all the great comments and ideas. I think I am going to try the tabletop frames and see if that works for me. I don't think a sit down machine would work because of the way my mind works, and with my arthritis, it might be hard on my hands.

Thank you again for all the great comments. Your advice and experience is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:08 PM

I love my pre-owned Handi Quilter long arm. While you “could” take it down …I would not do it. I set it up by myself and hubby had to set the machine on the tracks. The machine weighs close to 50 pounds. The frame is also heavy esp setting up the pantograph table. No way would I want to dismantle and re-assemble it.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:17 PM

No it takes a long time to set up and level would not recommend constantly assembling one
Old 01-16-2023, 11:38 PM

We moved it once, when we purchased it used. disassembled. Took 4 strong men and 2 women. Hubby recently had hernia.. No way would I even consider it. The second time we moved, it was on castors, left assembled. Used a cattle trailer, ramps and concrete all the way.