Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question at Machine >

Question at Machine

Question at Machine

Old 10-03-2013, 06:49 PM

Default Question at Machine

I am looking at a Janome Memory Craft 6600. Does anyone have one, and do you like it?
Thanks Gayle
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

I don't but I noticed that Amy over at freemotionquiltingadventures uses a Janome to do her machine quilting. I don't know which one but maybe if you watch her videos you could find out.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:08 PM

Yes and it is beautiful now. It took plenty of practice to do it. keep going it is fun. I also love all the decorative stitches .
Old 10-03-2013, 09:45 PM

I have had one now for 3 years and I still love it. Easy to read for the instructions - but I highly recommend taking advantage of the classes. It makes it even easier to learn all the bells and whistles.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:55 PM

I have a Janome Memory Craft 6600. I bought it in 2006 and it still going strong. I have pieced many quilt tops-probably 100 or more. I like the fancy stitches as well as the alphabets. My favorite feature is the thread cutter.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:25 AM

I've had a 6600 for about 4-5 years now and love it but have just bought the Horizon 8200 to put on my Kookaburra frame. It has an 11" harp space and looks huge. Haven't put it on the frame yet but sewed with it on the dining room table- quilting DGD quilt. What a dream. You wouldn't believe how much difference that extra 2" makes when working a quilt through the space.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:31 AM

I love, love, love mine. Have had her for 4 years now and only complaint I have is the auto threader doesn't work but that will get fixed when I take her for servicing. Really is a good machine and would recommend a Janome to everyone :-)
Old 10-04-2013, 02:42 AM

I have the Janome 6500 which was the forerunner of the 6600. It is the most expensive machine that I have every bought and the one that I have liked the least. It should have been painted yellow. I bought it after hearing all the wonderful reviews about Janomes and of course it did not help that I had a uncooperative dealer. I had bobbin case problems, feed dogs that wouldn't stay up, chipped paint, error messages and thread jams and constantly breaking needles. Eventually the machine was declared "defective" by the head office and replaced. The new one has worked better but I still don't like it and hope to sell it. I bought myself a Juki TL98Q and I now love my machine again. My Juki sews rings around the Janome and was less than half the price. It doesn't have all the stitches but it doesn't give me any trouble either. I think it is a matter of figuring out what you need a machine to do and finding one that fits your criteria and even in recommended machines, there are lemons!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:44 AM

I've had mine for about nine years now, and I love it. It's never needed maintenance that I couldn't do myself.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 AM

I love mine.