Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for Pfaff 2056 owners >

Question for Pfaff 2056 owners

Question for Pfaff 2056 owners

Old 10-27-2013, 01:29 PM
DJ

Default Question for Pfaff 2056 owners

I'm wondering how your Pfaff 2056 "needle down" feature works. If you have set it to needle down, can you raise the needle with a short tap on the foot control?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-27-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: remove consumer complaint
Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM

I have a Pfaff 2134 and the needle down works just as you said in the first sentence. When in the needle down position just tap the foot control to raise the needle. Although after that tap to raise the needle, it continues with the "needle down" function when you begin sewing again if you don't change the button. Tapping the foot control sure does not raise the presser foot on mine, nor would I want it to. Good luck service number, I hope you can get some help with this. Please let us know.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:40 PM
DJ

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
Tapping the foot control sure does not raise the presser foot on mine, nor would I want it to. Good luck service number, I hope you can get some help with this. Please let us know.
I wouldn't want that either. Thanks for your response. I'll report back on my hopeful good resolution to this problem. I'm wondering if the problem is in the foot pedal. I sat down a while ago to do some sewing anyway, and I have more problems. It won't stitch at all. The upper thread doesn't pick up the bobbin thread. More fun and games! Just what I need this time of year.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:00 AM
DJ

So no one has a Pfaff 2056?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:10 PM

There's usually a needle down button on the front of the machine. I have a 2144 and it has a button.

Looks like the bottom button on the right side. You tap the button, not the foot control.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:51 PM

I have a 2170 and a 2048 updated to a 2054. My machines work differently from one another. I use the 2170 for embroidery and rarely "sew" on it - it had the needle down feature but it does not pop back up when the pedal is tapped (maybe it should but as I dont use it sew it does not bother me). My 2058 has a "needle down" button in the front. When activated. every time I stop the needle stays in the down position (great for removing pins and pivoting). When stopped and at the end of my seam, I tap the foot pedal quickly and the needle comes up. Next time I sew it will stay down until the foot pedal is tapped or the button is pushed again.

As far as your bobbin issue - take off your throat plate, remove the bobbin case and either vac the bobbin area well or use a soft brush to remove the lint. Rethread the bobbin, change the needle and rethread that and then try again. Mine gets picky when there is lint in the bobbin assembly area or when I have "exceeded" (lol) the usefulness of the needle. We all do that - but I am getting better on changing the needle.

Good luck.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM
DJ

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
…My 2058 has a "needle down" button in the front. When activated. every time I stop the needle stays in the down position (great for removing pins and pivoting). When stopped and at the end of my seam, I tap the foot pedal quickly and the needle comes up. Next time I sew it will stay down until the foot pedal is tapped or the button is pushed again.
Thanks! That’s exactly what mine used to do before taking it in for service. I have it back into service for this, as well as the bobbin problem. Hopefully will have a good result.