Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question in regard to sewing feet >

Question in regard to sewing feet

Question in regard to sewing feet

Old 03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

Back to your initial question about the joiner foot. You should be able to quilt in the ditch with that foot. The only drawback is that you would not have the advantage of the walking foot technique necessary for quiting the multiple layers. I bought the "in the ditch" foot for my regular walking foot and love it. Makes in the ditch quilting much easier. In either case you will have a lot of turning to do in quilting your quilt. This is a wild and crazy thought but I might consider stitching down the side - ditch or sightly out from the ditch and coming to the end of the side of the block then do one back stitch Remove and cut thread and jump the sashing and continue on down the side of the next block. This would require lots of burying thread tails but might in the long run be faster than wrestling the quilt in the machine as you turn it round and round and round, upside down and back again. Just a thought.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM

^Holice thanks for your input. I will look into the "in the ditch" for my walking foot and I also considered the "jumping thing". Hoping I can find a utube video for thread burying not sure I know exactly how. One of the LA lady's on here showed a quite with that I will have to ask. Thanks again