Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The quetion of copyrights.. >

The quetion of copyrights..

The quetion of copyrights..

Old 07-29-2010, 10:37 PM

There have been several posts about patents, copyrights and sharing of patterns, etc.

Just got the Sept/Oct McCall's Quilting mag. There is an article called "Know Your Rights (and Wrongs)" that explains it all! I'm not even going to bother to summarize it but it all sounds reasonable and understandable.

Nighty night.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 AM

I'm so happy you are not going to violate the copyright and repeat the article here. :lol:
Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
I'm so happy you are not going to violate the copyright and repeat the article here. :lol:
Oh, I like that! :lol:

You're probably just the person to enjoy what I did yesterday! Out of shower, saggy old bra, tattered cotton undies on droopy 68 yr old body. No teeth in. Hear a light knock at door. Oh, grandkid can't get in, door must be locked. Go fling door wide.....two Mormon gentlemen, one older, one younger beat a hasty retreat! Sorry boys! :oops:
Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Love that, Kitsie!!!! You gave them something interesting to talk about all day!!! Ha-HA!~~~~
Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie

You're probably just the person to enjoy what I did yesterday! Out of shower, saggy old bra, tattered cotton undies on droopy 68 yr old body. No teeth in. Hear a light knock at door. Oh, grandkid can't get in, door must be locked. Go fling door wide.....two Mormon gentlemen, one older, one younger beat a hasty retreat! Sorry boys! :oops:
LOL!!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:21 AM

There have been several posts about patents, copyrights and sharing of patterns, etc.

Just got the Sept/Oct McCall's Quilting mag. There is an article called "Know Your Rights (and Wrongs)" that explains it all! I'm not even going to bother to summarize it but it all sounds reasonable and understandable.

Nighty night.
Funny - just ran into that. Here's my short list of dos and don'ts that I learned:
Acknowledge the pattern/company/designer when you sign or display your quilt

Don't sell it (unless you have express rights to do so)

Do not divulge how you made it, for example yardage, cutting strips or pieces, etc. Any type of direction is a violation of copyright

No one wants to infringe on anyone's copyright so those 3 above should keep most of us out of trouble.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM

That is so-o-o-o funny!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 07-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

you can sell a quilt made from a copyrighted pattern as long as you purchased the pattern. you are not allowed to display the quilt publicly without getting permission. also, you are not allowed to share the pattern, everyone is supposed to buy their own.

Originally Posted by JNCT14

Nighty night.
Funny - just ran into that. Here's my short list of dos and don'ts that I learned:
Acknowledge the pattern/company/designer when you sign or display your quilt

Don't sell it (unless you have express rights to do so)

Do not divulge how you made it, for example yardage, cutting strips or pieces, etc. Any type of direction is a violation of copyright

No one wants to infringe on anyone's copyright so those 3 above should keep most of us out of trouble.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM

That is so funny.. well that is one moment in time those gentlemen will not soon forget