Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt backing has a big pucker >

quilt backing has a big pucker

quilt backing has a big pucker

Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 PM

If anything...Quilting has taught me patience, building/accuracy and friendship...
Take a big breath, rip and rip, redo and do, and pin and pin and slow will win the race...
Kirsten
Old 06-18-2008, 02:51 AM

I just went through that last week and with everyone encouragement here I ripped it out took awhile since I did the meander stitch also. It took a couple of days and about 2 hours a day to rip it out, but well worth it. Take your time and all will work out if I can do it you can.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Been there, done that, own several of the t shirts. I absolutely HATE Hate hate to unsew my quilting! But I've done it. Now I'm a bit more careful smoothing and pin basting and checking the underneath side before I just go to town quilting. Set it aside for now, then when you are ready, take it outside on the porch, kick your feet up and rip that sucker out so you can fix it. It'll be well worth your time :D
Old 06-18-2008, 06:24 AM

es I have had this problem. It wasn't that bad so I left it. It's on the back anyway. I was making a king size quilt and quilted all of the inter quilt and was trying to quilt the border and it was lapping all over it's self. Had to take all of border off and resew and cut about 5 inches off. Somehow it had stretched out. You talk about a pain but I did get it fixed. Leave it alone for a few days and maybe it will work better. I still have a double wedding ring I have been working on for over 3 years. I hate the colors and that doesn't make it too easy to work on. You may need to baste it a little better. DebMc