Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt in a day show??

I recently watched quilt in a day show that showed Eleanor making what she called a crib quilt.
    I had it on my DVR and somehow it got deleted... my question is does anyone know where i can find the intructions for the specific design of crib quilt she was making? this was from approx. 2 weeks ago on saturday morning. Thank you any info would be so great.
    she started with 8 rows and then sewed 1 and 2 together , 3 and 4 together, 5 and 6 together, 7 and 8 together and then she made them into rings and then snipped the first ring off at the seam, and then she cut the next ring but at the second square in half and then when she laid it down on the table she continued cutting the remaining rings at the next square and then moved it another half of square and laid it out and so on and so on... ( i hope this makes sense and someone can help me figure out what this pattern is called and where i can find the exact measurements and instructions).
    thanks for your help
    p.s. i am still very new to quilting so I can't use the correct lingo yet.. lol thx again for any help

quiltinaday.com she has many of her shows on her site.

I went there but I do not know which of those videos it is on... i was hoping someone could tell me what that type of quilt pattern was called or could tell me which episode it is. thanks for your help

Hi, I don't know which quilt you are describing but I know you can watch some of her shows on quilterstv.com
    When you get there you will see a box next to the video that is playing called Video Channels. You will see Quilt in a Day under that. Those are her videos. It may not be there but if you are a new quilter you will love some of her tutorials. Not to mention there are a lot of other videos you will love here and it is free! Sorry I don't know the one you mean.

It sounds like trip around the world pattern. Check her sight for this quilt and see if it helps you.

I think Denise is right. I just looked up Trip Around the World and the directions sound like what you described. Just google it and you will find directions. Like this one for example. You should be able to click on this link and go there . http://www.ehow.com/how_2343553_trip...rld-quilt.html

Banned
    call Eleanor's store and ask which video the crib quilt was shown.

Blog Entries
    This is where she makes a yellow/blue Quick Trip Crib Quilt.
    http://quiltinaday.com/theater/3100/3101.html

I think you hit the nail on the head. I loved this video and want to make on myself. Seems very easy except for keeping them in order. I would have to use sticky notes.

Blog Entries
    I also use sticky notes, it makes life much easier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by polkij
    I recently watched quilt in a day show that showed Eleanor making what she called a crib quilt.
    I had it on my DVR and somehow it got deleted... my question is does anyone know where i can find the intructions for the specific design of crib quilt she was making? this was from approx. 2 weeks ago on saturday morning. Thank you any info would be so great.
    she started with 8 rows and then sewed 1 and 2 together , 3 and 4 together, 5 and 6 together, 7 and 8 together and then she made them into rings and then snipped the first ring off at the seam, and then she cut the next ring but at the second square in half and then when she laid it down on the table she continued cutting the remaining rings at the next square and then moved it another half of square and laid it out and so on and so on... ( i hope this makes sense and someone can help me figure out what this pattern is called and where i can find the exact measurements and instructions).
    thanks for your help
    p.s. i am still very new to quilting so I can't use the correct lingo yet.. lol thx again for any help
    This is in a book called Quick Trip Quilts. Try going to Quilt in a Day and watching it on their video site. For some reason I can never seem to be able to keep the connection to finish the video, it just pauses and doesn't restart, so I'vre only been able to get part way through it. :|

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I also use sticky notes, it makes life much easier.
    I used to use sticky notes until a light bulb went on in my head, I took my flat head pins, and wrote numbers on them designating row 1, row 2, etc. So much easier, and the pins stay on your strips, ready to sew.

I get her show on Wed. afternoon's at 2:30 on RFD channel. Most of the time I don't have my TV on all day so I usually miss it :( However, last Wed. I remembered and she was making log cabin blocks. Love how she makes it easy for anyone to quilt :)) I love watching her videos on her web, too.

Hope you found what you were looking for :)

OMG!!! you guys are AWESOME!!!!
    That was it exactly!!! Quick trip quilt!!!

I am so excited to have found it,and I can't wait to start working on it.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!

ps love ths sticker note idea!!!!

can someone tell me how to add a pic to my name ? you know that will show up on the leftside under my name whenever i post on here???thx

I loved how she did it. After her show, I just had to make a sample. It was such fun. I have no idea what I am going to do with the piece I made, but I am going to experiment and do something. Don't need any crib sized, or lap sized, but I may tty a mini on this one.

I am wanting to do a king size quilt with this design...i noticed she said you would need 12 different fabrics or i thought i could just do the 6 fabrics like she did and do it 4 or 6 times to make a larger quilt.

I don't see why you couldn't use just six colors. It would just take a little longer unless you sew 6 strips twice, then make your tube. Either way, there is no right or wrong, it's just what you like. The test pattern I did, I used 6 colors, and it started around for the second time, and it looks great.

dls
    I also use flat colored pins that I have numbered as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by polkij
    can someone tell me how to add a pic to my name ? you know that will show up on the leftside under my name whenever i post on here???thx
    Polkij - go to "My Profile" on this Board, scroll down to Avator, and follow directions.

thanks donna, i did get it figured out...;-)

The description sounds like a Borgello method of piecing. Maybe you can find it on her cite with that name.

The first trip around the world quilt I made was in a class I took as a beginner quilter. We sewed strips in panels, then cut the panels into more strips. Then we sewed all those together end for end. I must have had a sting of squares at least 100 feet long. After deciding which fabric would be my center, I unsewed the strip wherever the color pattern ended for each row. The second trip quilt which I just finished was a colorwash trip, super king, had 20 colors and I kept the strips in groups of 10 colors so it would be easier to manage. Worked fine. Don't have a photo yet, planning to set it up on my bed for pics, before I give it to my daughter for Christmas. Will post soon.

I would like to know how to to that also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast