Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilt paterns

I do make different versions of one pattern -- but color is not the only thing I change, I usually change some of the elements of the quilt as well.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I am so glad I am not the only pattern collector! Have a lifetime of patterns and not enough time...lol.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Once I make something once the challenge is gone. Only the Baltimore blocks do I sometimes use more than once. Such a waste of money since patterns are pricey but I can't design a pattern so I have to purchase them.
    Joy

BMP
    Blog Entries
    So far I have only used 2 patterns more than once...Tumbler and DP9 , I have too many I want to try. I am now working on Card Trick in Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by kkdolls View Post
    Some patterns I use only once. I have one that I have used 5 times. It just depends.

Same here!

Blog Entries
    I think I have made 6 OBW because they all turn out so different. I have also made several 9 patch pizzaz quilts. Both are not difficult. Right now I have a spider web quilt half way done. It is great using up stash fabrics. I may make another of those.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I usually only use the pattern once. I have to many quilts on my 'to do list' I want to make.

I have a file of purchased patterns of favorites that I fall back on when I need a pattern and use them several times for a quick quilt. I like to make my own applique patterns and I have a file that is 6 inches thick of patterns since I started quilting.

I usually get on a roll and whip up the same pattern 2-3 times with diff fabrics and then lose interest after that many

Most of the time "once" except for log cabin or 9 patch, there is just so many ways to set a log cabin I think one could do them hundreds of times and still not repeat a layout. With 9 patch I usually put the 9 patch in the center of a block and then piece triangles or rectangles or both to change the look.

I have used the Disappearing 4 patch several times.

Sometimes I use a pattern more than once. I made a cute dog quilt for my dd friend; another of her friends (different group) got the same quilt in a different color. I have fabric for 1 more and hope to make it for my dgd. Guess if I like the pattern and it is fun, I'll use it again. If I don't enjoy making the quilt, I'm ready to move on to a different pattern.

So far I've used some of my patterns more than once, but I get excited about trying something new. Since I want to try new patterns, I think I might try a sampler soon.

Blog Entries
    I have made this Turning Twenty quilt at least 10 times, it is very fast, easy and you can put any colors in it. I made it 7 times one christmas for the grandkids in the family. I love the pattern and also bought another of her books.

I have too many patterns collected to use the same one over. I will never get to make them all if I use one pattern over and over. However, I do have one pattern that I like that I have used more than once.
    Lorraine

if it is a bed quilt I will only do it once.....burn out occurs.....but with little things, tablerunners, lap quilts wall hangings, maybe more than once, unless something "cuter" comes along.........

Depending, sometimes I'll use the pattern more than once if I find fabric that cries out for that pattern. I have made chair cushions for myself and my Mom using the same pattern for each set. No, I have 4 chair cushions for my dining chairs of 1 pattern, 6 chair cushions of another pattern for my Moms dining chairs and 2 chair cushions of another pattern for my kitchen chairs. I thought about using different patterns and the same fabric but couldn't picture all the pieces.

Never have purchased a pattern....Love templates - make my own - and go from there. Seems more creative.
    janb

I plan on only one use and then find myself making the same thing 4 or 5 years later and in different colors and enjoying the process I made 4 watercolor quilts 2 king 1 queen and 1 twin and that was way too often.
    I'm an obsessive compulsive quilter and batik aholic. I make only king size quilts.

Suz
    Some of you have said you collect patterns in a notebook. Mine are in a file cabinet, have more to file and then there are the quilting magazines with tabs hanging off the sides and then there are the ones I find online. The supply of new ideas never ends. I will live forever if I make all the ones I want to make.

I have repeated pattern but in different colors ,for different people.I look at some I would like to do but they seem to be to hard for me. joyce j

I collect Sunbonnet Sue patterns and they are all different and I mix&match from different books for my small quilts. As the saying goes"I don't do bed quilts" instead of windows lol.
    Kathy Osterby

Depends if I like the result.
    Liz Fairlie

You mean there is quilting in heaven? Then, I'm bringing my kids estate with me!

If I really like a pattern I will make it multiple times - using different fabrics, with slight change ups to make it mine.
    Aronel aka Lee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast