Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt pattern suggestions >

Quilt pattern suggestions

Quilt pattern suggestions

Old 05-06-2018, 07:06 PM

Default Quilt pattern suggestions

I have two collections of fabric. One is white with different gold accent prints and one is black with different gold accents prints. I would like to make a lap quilt or possibly a queen. I am thinking two different quilts with them in each color, not combining the two. What do you think? Any suggestions for patterns would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-07-2018, 02:33 AM

Until you said that you didn't want to combine the two, I was thinking of a black & white herringbone design or a black and white log cabin, or Eleanor Burns' Night & Day pattern. Try the Pinterest search option and look for white quilts - I'm sure there'll be several examples. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2018, 03:28 AM

The white with gold would go great in a Christmas quilt, paired either with red and green, or with blues.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:08 AM

Whenever l'm looking for inspiration, l look through my collectiin of quilt magazines and boards of quilting on Pinterest. THEN my problem changes to " which one of all those l adore should l chose?"
Old 05-08-2018, 07:40 AM
mac

I would start by picking out the style of pattern you like (geometric, patchwork, squares, triangle, etc.) and then go to the web and look up that in pictures. They have all kinds of pictures of quilts and you may find something that goes with what you may have in mind. Believe it or not, I think that most of us stay with the same type of quilt when we look for a quilt pattern. If I am not appliqueing, I tend to stick with squares and rectangles and shy away from patterns that have a lot of triangles in them. Just a thought.