Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt shops in Hawaii suggestions

Quilt shops in Hawaii suggestions

I m visiting the big island, Hawaii. Any quilt shop suggestions?
    Thanks.

I found 2 that are in Kailua-Kona area. One is Quilt Passions at 75-5706 Kuakina Hwy. and the other is Fabric and Quilting Delights at 74-5599 Luhia St. BTW, I love Hawai'i my youngest daughter and SIL live on Oahu.
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

I bought some gorgeous fabrics on the big island but it was several years ago. My youngest son got married there.
    Have a wonderful time!!! I sure did

I’ve been to two. The one by volcano National Park is quite good as is the one in Hilo. They are owned by the same
    me family. If you’re near to either of those places it would be worth a stop. Kileau kreations. Here’s a link to the 2017 Big island shop hop https://www.hawaii.com/event/annual-...uilt-shop-hop/

Thanks for sharing! Found Quilt Passions today (and bought someone's body weight in local fabric)
    I didn't see the one by volcano National Park, but plan on Hilo tomorrow and will check that out. Such fun. Wish I had thought of this years ago during my travels. I've collected a bunch from Alaska (Quilted Raven) and from St. Kitts.

I have been getting suggestions on facebook for one in Hilo and I know there was another one in Hilo on the main drag a few years ago. Also one in Volcano City and Wailoa (sp)) also there is an older shop south of Kona that has been there for years. It is across from he Donkey Balls shop.

When we were there on our trip, we had a long layover and there was a quilt shop near the airport. We took the bus and spent some time in there. We also spent a wk in Maui, quilt shops were nice there. Walking distance from our hotel.

Blog Entries
    Love love love quilt passions. My daughter lives there and I can't wait to go there again. They sell fabric that is made for their shop only. Super wonderful people there! When are you going? I will be there from April 5th till the 12th
    Patski
    always learning

I'm in Kona now. Spent last week in Maui and a week here. The people at Sew Special (Maui) and Quilt Passions were great, as were their shops. I love the spirit of those types of local shop. The larger discount fabric store has some nice items, but the staff were downright rude. I left several chosen bolts uncut and departed. Hilo and Kileau Kreations today - also helpful staff and excellent selections. Tried to find the one in Volcano City, but somehow it eluded me. We have a 1.5 days left, so I may look for the South Kona shop also. Did I mention the need to stop and buy an extra suitcase?

Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by mpepperm37 View Post
    I'm in Kona now. Spent last week in Maui and a week here. The people at Sew Special (Maui) and Quilt Passions were great, as were their shops. I love the spirit of those types of local shop. The larger discount fabric store has some nice items, but the staff were downright rude. I left several chosen bolts uncut and departed. Hilo and Kileau Kreations today - also helpful staff and excellent selections. Tried to find the one in Volcano City, but somehow it eluded me. We have a 1.5 days left, so I may look for the South Kona shop also. Did I mention the need to stop and buy an extra suitcase?
    I'm going to Maui and plan on visiting the fabric shops. I was thinking I could ship fabric home.

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again. Moving to Arkansas
    There is a shop online that I love. It’s
    www.gotfabric.com