Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops near Fort Polk, Louisiana? >

Quilt shops near Fort Polk, Louisiana?

Quilt shops near Fort Polk, Louisiana?

Old 12-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Default Quilt shops near Fort Polk, Louisiana?

Hi, all! Well, it seems that we will be moving to Ft Polk soon( I am dreading the thought) and I need some help. I will likely not be working for a bit once I get there, so I figure I will be piecing quite a few quilts to keep from being bored. I am having no luck locating fabric or quilting stores near the area. If any of you are from around this area, I would appreciate some advice on where to go to buy fabric, take classes or get long arming done. I still have a lady in Ft Bragg that I can mail my tops to be LA'd. But I would love to have another choice in case she is out of town or something else comes up. Thank you for any and all advice. I have a feeling that I will be in my sewing area a lot more once we move there. I have heard nothing good about the area at all!!

Thanks again!---Tanya
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 AM

I can safely tell you that there is a shop located in Pineville La. which is about an hour drive from Fort Polk. The name of the shop is Aunt Nell's Quilt shop. There's also a shop in Lake Charles called Quilts Bayou. Both shops have long arms on site and both quilt for the public. There's a shop in Lafayette called The Borne Quilter, they sell longarms/mid arms but don't quilt for the public. You can find the numbers to any of these shops in yellow pages on-line
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 PM

Thank you so much for the information! I think that I will feel better about moving there once it's over. I have to just let things roll like they are going to. I will get right on looking at the #s. Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Also, I forgot to mention. Leesville has a guild and an upcomming quilt show either the 1st week of April or May in 2013. I forgot which month and DeRidder which is a city very close to Fort Polk has a guild also.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:27 PM

I have an app called quilt shop. You can type in location or use in area. There are several but nothing close.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM

Thank you all for this information. It is extremely helpful to me! I'm hoping to make this an easy transition and having something to do that I love will be so helpful.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 PM

I am sorry you have not heard anything good about Ft. Polk. It is a beautiful area in my book. I hope you will find it a pleasant surprise once you get there. I visit the post at least once a month and it seems like they always have a lot of activities. Of course there is the heat and humidity that takes some time to get use to. Let us know how you like it when you arrive.