Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Show in Rochester, MN

Quilt Show in Rochester, MN

There will be a quilt show later this week in Rochester, Minnesota. It is the annual show of the Minnesota Quilters. Is it worth a 90 mile drive and $10 admission? I've never been to a quilt show before.

If I lived in Minnesota, I'd say yes, it's worth it. I believe it's a pretty big show with lots of vendors.

Janet

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    It's definitely worth it.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Blog Entries
    the show 'travels'. it alternates between st. paul, duluth, st. cloud, and rochester. i've only been when it's been in st. paul and each time it was well worth it
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I have been to all the cities that the show is held. It is a great show and you should attend, lots of quilts from all over the states, alot of different classes and many vendors from all over. It's well worth the ten dollars.

Pat in MN

I'll be in Rochester next Sunday afternoon. Is it still on and where is it held?

Blog Entries
    Yes! My QuiltBuddy and I try to go when it's "up there", and are bummed that we can't make it this year. Always fun to go with a friend so go and have a good time.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    The show is open Sunday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Here is a link to show info:
    http://www.cvent.com/events/mq-2012-...5179c8ec7.aspx

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry; I misread the calendar! The last day of the show is Saturday, 9 to 4, not Sunday.

Like someone else said, this show travels between 4 cities. I started going 2 years ago when it was in St. Cloud. Then last I went to St. Paul, and tomorrow I am traveling 3 1/2 hours to go to Rochestor. It is a good show with many Vendors. Next year it is at Duluth so I am hoping to plan a few-day vacation at Duluth during that Quilt Show. It is well worth it for $10. Always fun to see new ideas.

I've decided that I am going! Any tips for a newbie to the quilt show world?

This show is great and well worth traveling to see, a lot of vendors and oh so many beautiful quilts of all sizes.
    It is at the Mayo Civic Center.

Quote Originally Posted by deenajade View Post
    When I took my friend with me last year--I told her that my motto when I go to Quilt Shows is "It's all about the Vendors!". I always chrck out all the Vendors first and then go look at the quilts. The Vendors seem to get sold out fast of the newest "hot items". Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by aborning View Post
    When I took my friend with me last year--I told her that my motto when I go to Quilt Shows is "It's all about the Vendors!". I always chrck out all the Vendors first and then go look at the quilts. The Vendors seem to get sold out fast of the newest "hot items". Have fun.
    Thank you for the tip about going to the vendors first! I probably would have just stared at quilts until closing time and been mad at myself for missing the vendors!

Quote Originally Posted by deenajade View Post
    Wear comfortable shoes, take a camera & lots of $$$! LOL! You'll have a blast! I've been to this show in the past & it's a good one!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I just got home from the show. It was amazing! I saw many quilts that were beyond beautiful! The parking situation was not good, however. The parking ramps were full, but they never put up the full signs. So it was an endless parade of cars going in circles. The parking meters that are within 2 blocks are only for 30-90 minutes. I ended up parking about 5 blocks away at a 3 hour meter. I bought the fabric and patterns for 3 quilts, so I know what I will be doing with the rest of my summer vacation!

Power Poster
    I live in WI and have been to all 4 cities of the quilt show and they are so worth it. Our quilting group would go together, shop on the way there, stay over night, go to quilt show, stay over night and then shop on the way home. Makes me sad that we aren't going this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    The show is open Sunday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Here is a link to show info:
    http://www.cvent.com/events/mq-2012-...5179c8ec7.aspx
    I don't think the show is on Sunday, after looking at the schedule it ends on Saturday nothing was mentioned about Sunday.