Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Quilt show

  1. #1
    Member grancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hixson, TN
    Posts
    39
    Blog Entries
    1
    I attended a quilt show yesterday in Geraldine, Alabama. Was I ever bowed over. First of all, it was held in what I considered a small brick building. They sure knew how to use every inch. My husband and I took my quilter friend with us and we were blessed with sights o behold. Now, I have been toquilt shows before but I believe this was a winner. We were allowed to take pictures so we can continue to enjoy the beauty of those quilts.
    There were chicken scratch, embellishments of every kind. Oh well, this probably old hat to you quilters. We were able to buy chances to win a quilt which of course we did. Wish me luck. They also had a store with fabric, etc. My friend bought some fabric..good brand.. for $4.00 a yard. Me, I bought a grab bag. Had all sorts of good stuff in it. I might even try another quilt.

  2. #2
    Super Member suezquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cashton WI
    Posts
    1,149
    any pictures you can share. Sounds like a great time!

  3. #3
    Super Member BeeNana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind the sewing needle
    Posts
    3,311
    Blog Entries
    1
    We love to see pictures.
    What a great memorable
    day that you had.

  4. #4
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    29,323
    Sounds like a fun day! Do we get to see pics-?

  5. #5
    Power Poster littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,954
    Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm glad you had fun.

  6. #6
    Member grancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hixson, TN
    Posts
    39
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grancy
    I attended a quilt show yesterday in Geraldine, Alabama. Was I ever bowed over. First of all, it was held in what I considered a small brick building. They sure knew how to use every inch. My husband and I took my quilter friend with us and we were blessed with sights o behold. Now, I have been toquilt shows before but I believe this was a winner. We were allowed to take pictures so we can continue to enjoy the beauty of those quilts.
    There were chicken scratch, embellishments of every kind. Oh well, this probably old hat to you quilters. We were able to buy chances to win a quilt which of course we did. Wish me luck. They also had a store with fabric, etc. My friend bought some fabric..good brand.. for $4.00 a yard. Me, I bought a grab bag. Had all sorts of good stuff in it. I might even try another quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  7. #7
    Member grancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hixson, TN
    Posts
    39
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grancy
    Quote Originally Posted by grancy
    I attended a quilt show yesterday in Geraldine, Alabama. Was I ever bowed over. First of all, it was held in what I considered a small brick building. They sure knew how to use every inch. My husband and I took my quilter friend with us and we were blessed with sights o behold. Now, I have been toquilt shows before but I believe this was a winner. We were allowed to take pictures so we can continue to enjoy the beauty of those quilts.
    There were chicken scratch, embellishments of every kind. Oh well, this probably old hat to you quilters. We were able to buy chances to win a quilt which of course we did. Wish me luck. They also had a store with fabric, etc. My friend bought some fabric..good brand.. for $4.00 a yard. Me, I bought a grab bag. Had all sorts of good stuff in it. I might even try another quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  8. #8
    Member grancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hixson, TN
    Posts
    39
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grancy
    Quote Originally Posted by grancy
    Quote Originally Posted by grancy
    I attended a quilt show yesterday in Geraldine, Alabama. Was I ever bowed over. First of all, it was held in what I considered a small brick building. They sure knew how to use every inch. My husband and I took my quilter friend with us and we were blessed with sights o behold. Now, I have been toquilt shows before but I believe this was a winner. We were allowed to take pictures so we can continue to enjoy the beauty of those quilts.
    There were chicken scratch, embellishments of every kind. Oh well, this probably old hat to you quilters. We were able to buy chances to win a quilt which of course we did. Wish me luck. They also had a store with fabric, etc. My friend bought some fabric..good brand.. for $4.00 a yard. Me, I bought a grab bag. Had all sorts of good stuff in it. I might even try another quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  9. #9
    Super Member LeslieFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Trego, WI
    Posts
    1,870
    Blog Entries
    41
    Great, thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    768
    Cool quilts. Thanks for sharing with us

  11. #11
    Member grancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hixson, TN
    Posts
    39
    Blog Entries
    1
    There were plenty of pretty quilts but trying to get in a position to photograph them was not easy. Glad you enjoyed the ones I was able to take.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.