Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The quilt show??? >

The quilt show???

The quilt show???

Old 03-27-2016, 03:51 AM

I got the same offer (and access to the free weekend) but since I didn't have the time to watch it when it was free... I don't think I would be able to do the membership justice in being able to watch it even when I had full access.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:03 AM

I have been a member for years. It started as a Christmas present and I have always renewed. The content is not just "videos", they are full hour-long shows (or there about). I watch when I have an hour to spare and want to relax, but I am pretty far behind...they make more shows that I can watch! Some shows are topics that I am not particularly interested in but I always find something new or something to learn from every show. I do have favorites that I have watched many times! I have gotten introduced to new people, new techniques, and great ideas and the website has a TON of information as well. It's TOTALLY worth the $ in my book.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:37 AM

I am in the UK and this is so much better and much less expensive than the "near" equivalent here. I have been a member for many years and apart from the entertainment side I have learned so much. As others have said it is so convenient to be able to refer back to the old shows and techniques as well as the other demonstrations and information on the site. I don't subscribe to magazines, which are full of ads and overpriced in my opinion. Give it a try. I think there is a six month subscription available.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:34 AM

i agree with maniac quilter 2. there is so much on the computer now I cant see paying for something. yes it is very interesting and informative. can I see it for nothing someplace like utube. yes! enjoy whatever you decide.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

I totally agree. I can buy fabric and get a couple classes locally for that price. Also I watch many YouTube videos.
Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
There are so many u-tube videos that are free, I just don't pay for anything unless it is a class.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

No one is more selective in whose pockets I put money into then me I am. It is worth the $4 a month,cheaper than a quilt magazine.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:40 AM

I am a member and it is well worth the price. Wonderful shows and so helpful. Lots of new (to me) ideas.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:00 AM

I joined the Quilt Show so that I could access the forums for support and information. At that time the Forums really weren't very active and I felt that everyone was far more advanced than I was. Then I found this forum and find that it meets my needs better. And it's free.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:39 AM

I've been a member for many years. There is a new show almost every two weeks which means you are paying about $2 or less per show. Each show usually contains a demo of at least one technique, sometimes two. While they are not as in depth as a full class would be, they do contain enough info to help you decide if you want to try or work with the technique. It also introduces many quilters that people might not be familiar with.
And yes, I do watch lots of free YouTube videos as well. The quilt show is something different and both have their place.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:55 PM

Hi, I have The Quilt Show and I like it very much in my opinion I have learned a lot and got to see many techniques from our famous designers. I gave it a try before I purchased it for the $42