Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Show >

Quilt Show

Quilt Show

Old 10-05-2021, 03:52 AM

Default Quilt Show

Did anyone attend the Quilt Show in Philadelphia during the week of September 16? I would have liked to go but sadly concerns of Covid prevented my going.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

I saw a peek of it. Jean Truelove entered her quilt and showed her Youtube people some of the quilts. They were beautiful !
I wouldn't have gone in person either. Not worth the risk. Someday we will get back to them!
Old 10-05-2021, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

I would like to go to the Houston Quilt show the end of this month if time allows. I'm going to a quilt show Friday that is about two hours away. It's not huge but nice. My guild has a show scheduled for Dec. and I'm going to AQS quilt show at Branson in March. Also have a two day trip planned for Missouri Star the middle of Nov. i have quilt retreat next week and one the first of November.
Old 10-05-2021, 03:22 PM

I was told Houston isn't having their show this year. My DH and I went to a quilt show in Palaka. Fl. Sat. There were 109 quilts, and vendors also. Some real beauties.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
I was told Houston isn't having their show this year. My DH and I went to a quilt show in Palaka. Fl. Sat. There were 109 quilts, and vendors also. Some real beauties.
Houston isn't holding Market, which is the industry side of the show. The Festival is on as scheduled.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

Many get confused about Houston Quilt Show. The Festival is the big quilt show for the public. Market is not for the pubic. Half the quilters I know tell me Houston Show has been cancelled. I tell them no it hasn't. Most have no idea of the two separate functions. I was able to get a hotel room close by this late so that means it won't be that crowded.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:37 AM

I did go to the "Oaks"PA show if that's the show you are speaking about. (Mancuso).
My guild's raffle quilt was there. I can't know for sure, it seemed it was far less crowded than in the past, far less vendors, and plenty of room for social distancing. I did enjoy myself though. The vendors that they did have were quality, although they had quite a few machine vendors.
They had a respectable amount of quilts displayed (including an international display) and they were nicely spaced out.

Last edited by Nesie; 10-07-2021 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:56 PM

I have gone in the past as our daughter lives near there. It didn't work out this year. The first time I went, I was surprised it wasn't bigger; I thought that as it's advertised as the Philadelphia quilt show, that it would be huge.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
Houston show is on for this year. They cancelled the Quilt Market which is the vendor show that normally happens the weekend before quilt show. You can check here for the covid related rules https://www.quilts.com/quilt-festiva...tival-houston/

Last edited by cashs_mom; 10-07-2021 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:53 AM

I'm sorry for my misinformation about the Houston show. I had asked my friend if she was going to Houston this year ( I should have said more to her) she answered me with they cancelled it. She goes to the show, but she is also a buyer. Sorry