Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shown on Longmire? >

Quilt shown on Longmire?

Quilt shown on Longmire?

Old 08-14-2013, 06:59 PM

Omigosh you guys you are not going to believe this! I found an email address for the set decorator for Longmire, so I sent an email. I figured why not, the worst that could happen is no response, right? Here's my email:

"This is probably going to seem odd to you, but I'm a quilter, and the quilting community is going absolutely nuts after the "Natural Order" episode aired yesterday. I'm hoping you're the right person to ask... Is there any way you can give us information about the beautiful quilt seen on Cady Longmire's hospital bed? The name of the quilt, who made it, are there pictures we can drool over, is the quilt available for viewing in a museum, etc. We would be thrilled to have this information!

Thank you,
Peggi"

And I received a response this evening!!!

"Hi Peg This is Scott plunket and I was the Props Shopper who rented the quilt that was seen recently on Longmire. The quilt Wasserstein by my wife's great grandmother. How wonderful to hear that it has caused such a buzz. I will pass along you email to my wife's mother the daughter of the quilt maker Tannis Binefeld and she can tell you all about it. Thanks again for your kind email All the best Scott Plunket"

How cool is that!?!?!?! Maybe we can get some really good pictures of that quilt, and some awesome history!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-18-2018 at 03:18 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 PM

Awesome Peggi....way to go....
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 PM

I watch the show.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:50 AM

You can rewatch the episode on your computer at: http://www.aetv.com/longmire/video/
Old 08-15-2013, 05:26 AM

If you have the On Demand option on your TV, some of the Longmire episodes are being reshot n on that medium. Also they can be viewed over the Internet.. I saw the quilt mentioned and thought it was bright and colorful.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:35 AM

Peggi - how awesome you got a response - hopefully they will provide more info on the quilt!!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
it was stunning! But considering the Native American connection, I imagine that one that show it is called a Lakota Star quilt--check it out on google--some beautiful quilts.
Love that show too! On the same episode I was also interested in the wall hanging in the background of the scene where the dep. Branch was talking to the Native American tribe leader...I think..who was backing him in the election...it was in the man's office, I think....that too would make an awesome Western design quilt. All squares and rectangles...looked to me like that anyway.....
Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 PM

I just found this site by googling this quilt because I was bowled over by it!! If you found a good pattern- I know it's a classic but it's my first time- I would be incredibly appreciative!!!! I could post my email or whatever's easiest! Thank you so much!! Warmest regards, Aliene
Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 PM

wasn"t there another quilt on longmire that was on his bed? maybe red and cream? log cabin variation called courthouse steps? I think it was mentioned on another thread here about quilts in the movies. too long ago...got to look it up....

found it......It is season 5 episode 7. It appears at 1:41min into episode. Its a beauty.

Last edited by Jane Quilter; 01-17-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:10 AM

My husband and I have been listening to the Longmire books when we drive long distances. The TV series is very good the books are even better. A great way to pass time in the car.