Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Sizing up

Quilt Sizing up

I'm new to the quilting world but not sewing. I've decided to make a quilt for my son and have ran into a snag. I've found a pattern I like but it's for a crib. I'm looking to make a full size Disappearing 9 Patch quilt and not sure how to find the right yardage for the quilt. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Do a search for the D9P chart. Someone on the board posted a great chart for the amount of fabric needed and the number of different sized blocks to make for all sizes of quilt. I don't remember who posted the chart.

I found who posted the chart, katier825 posted the chart and it a really good one for sizing D9P quilts. The post came up quickly when I searched.

Or you could decide how many Crib Quilts would be in the size you want to make and up your yardage accordingly!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Blog Entries
    I would use whatever yardage needed for the crib size and multiply the number by 3.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries
    here's a link to the pdf that katier posted http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...ent-251237.pdf
    it doesn't give the yardages, though, but may help you
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.