Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt stores in Paris >

Quilt stores in Paris

Quilt stores in Paris

Old 04-21-2024, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

Default Quilt stores in Paris

Wondering if anyone knows of any quilt stores in Paris? We are heading there next Sunday. And not sure if this should be in another thread? It is quilting related!!
Old 04-21-2024, 10:06 AM

People quilt in Paris? kidding. I've no info for you but used to swap around the world. So loved getting blocks from everywhere!
go quilters!
Old 04-21-2024, 10:42 AM

A friend of mine is a teacher who goes on international trips with students to lower her cost. I remember a few years ago (I think 2019??) and her Paris trip was not one of her favorites. Keep in mind, Paris is BIG and it turned out their accommodations were pretty much an hour+ from anything she wanted to do, including fabric.

This looks like a pretty good/fair article:
https://www.hellomellydesigns.com/fa...ping-in-paris/
Old 04-21-2024, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for info. This isn't a quilting related trip and just want to keep some places in mind in case we are near them. Good to know about the terminology. Our hotel is walking distance to a lot, although maybe not to any of the shops mentioned. I am just guessing that since Parisians are good with fashion, there might be places where fabrics other than quilting cotton are sold. Also fun adventure. We were in Passau, Germany several years ago and what did I come across while walking - but a Singer Sewing Machine shop selling fabric and quilting notions. I was so excited. And got some fabric and the store proprietor insisted on me buying a pack of 6 plastic bobbins for a class 15 machine, which I can always use. Also in Amsterdam came upon 2 different ones. I also got a little fabric in each of them. I guess it might be called fabric or material, but, fun to explore.