Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt stores in Portland and west Oregon.

Quilt stores in Portland and west Oregon.

We are driving rom San Diego to Portland meandering around. Any suggestions for quilt shops to visit.
    thanks
    mary jo

Blog Entries
    Fabric depot on 122 in Portland. I was in awe the first time I went there. Huge fabric store and with quilt store quality fabric. If you sign up for the mail list you can get a 30% off coupon.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

I second that about Fabric Depot. I too was on a road trip and stopped in... stayed for quite a while. I made for a great Mother's Day treat to myself!
    Shannon

I loved Bolt Neighborhood Fabric Boutique. Was there in March and loved it. Smallish, but enjoyed it. Bought some fabric I would never have bought elsewhere, because the salesperson was so friendly. Located in a neat artistic area.

Fabric Depot for sure. It's not so much a quilt store as a great place to buy all kinds of fabric.

Definitely stop by Finally Together in Lebanon. It's not far off of I-5, north of Eugene, and it is definitely worth a visit. It's a huge shop full of beautiful sample quilts, lots of beautiful fabrics, and if you buy the last on the bolt you get a great discount. Tell Paula hello for me. (I used to live near there, in Albany, and I go in every time I go back to Oregon for a visit.)

Then there's another great store in Jefferson, just a little further north, Purple Frog.

Are you going to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show? It's the second Saturday in July and definitely worth a visit. I'll also be driving up from Lake Elsinore sometime in July. Maybe we'll bump into each other along the way?

Craft Warehouse in Vancouver, Wa. Just across the Columbia from Portland. Not a quilt store, but lots of lovely fabric. The craft and decorating supplies are amazing as well.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

You might see if you can get hold of the latest issue of "NeedleTravel" book.
    Retired math teacher --
    I CAN FIGURE IT OUT!