Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt therapy >

quilt therapy

quilt therapy

Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 PM

Quilting is my mental health therapy, my physical therapy, and if I have to listen to one more loud action movie on TV therapy. It is the one thing I can do that seems to block anything else out of my mind.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:03 PM

I have Parkinson's Disease and RA. I have always made all kinds of crafts but it is hard now to sit, stand, or anything for very long periods of time. The Quilting is great bcause you have to move. You have to cut, to iron, to lay out patterns, to sew and all of these require movement. So it is great for me. When one position starts to bug me I just move to another step. This Qulting Board has really been fun. You just can not leave here in a bad mood! I have enjoyed and learned so much reading everyones commets. I just can not get off here and continue to act like a witch, you all put me in to good of a mood!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 AM

I have RA and Fibromyalgia. Quilting, sewing and needlework help to keep my joints in motion and help with the depression that go along with these diseases. There are days that quilting is a little easier than needlework for me. But I think that this is the best therapy!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:37 AM

Dear Lord, Put all these wonderful women in your loving arms that they always have the overcoming strength to continue using their life saving gifts of creativity. May I always remember that no matter what life brings: aging, mental and physical problems,difficult circumstances, I WILL remember all of you and your example of "ignore, endure and overcome".
Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by maryjoan
Dear Lord, Put all these wonderful women in your loving arms that they always have the overcoming strength to continue using their life saving gifts of creativity. May I always remember that no matter what life brings: aging, mental and physical problems,difficult circumstances, I WILL remember all of you and your example of "ignore, endure and overcome".
This was so moving it brought tears to my eyes. I wish all of us could get together and hug each other and truly get to know each other. I have found such wonderful friends here and that prayer is beautiful for all of us. Thank you so much, MaryJoan. It was a real act of kindness.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Some days it is really tough to stay strong and have a positive outlook. I have fibromyalgia and nerve damage. Sewing, crocheting and doing other "hands-on" activities makes me feel I am still good at doing something and that I really do have worth. I am glad that I can at least continue with this part of my life. It is nice to feel productive, if, even in a small way....
Old 12-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by marmalade
Some days it is really tough to stay strong and have a positive outlook. I have fibromyalgia and nerve damage. Sewing, crocheting and doing other "hands-on" activities makes me feel I am still good at doing something and that I really do have worth. I am glad that I can at least continue with this part of my life. It is nice to feel productive, if, even in a small way....
I have nerve damage too, Marmalade. I have no feeling in my fingers but thankfully it's not my mind. I can feel pain but no tactile feeling. My problem is that no one knows why. I teach crochet and do it several hours a day. We do need to be strong, don't we?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:52 PM

I am so thankful to have this forum for all of us who suffer from health problems and depression. It lets us know we all support each other. God Bless each and every one of you.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by maryjoan
BLESS YOU.