Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilted floor cushions for Christmas...poly stuffing or foam!! >

Quilted floor cushions for Christmas...poly stuffing or foam!!

Quilted floor cushions for Christmas...poly stuffing or foam!!

Old 11-13-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour View Post
Make an envelope out of batting, turning the seams to the inside. Fill it with the polyfiberfil. The poly won't move. Handstitch the opening closed after filling.
OMG..OmaForFour..I am going to do this one first..being I don't have any foam to do it the proper way and can't go shopping and hunting like I want cause I am taking care of my DH and don't like to leave him in car by himself for very long.. I will post a picture when finished..Thank you!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I think the poly will loose it's shape. If cost is the issue, maybe you could use a thinner piece of foam and the poly on the top for softer cushion. Maybe you could find some foam to repurpose.
Thank you that is a very good idea..It really is not the cost as much as not being able to shop.. cant leave DH alone yet and don't like leaving him in care by himself.. recovering from a stroke Aug. 9..only been home from hosp. 4 weeks Friday,10th.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:29 PM

When I had to rebuild the cushions in my old camper, my ex went to an upholstery shop to buy the foam. They cut it to the sizes I needed. Be sure to get a very firm foam as the softer types will be too squishy and butts will bottom out against the floor. I paid very little compared to JoAnns prices for foam at the upholstery shop.

You might be able to call them and have it cut and ready so you can just run by and pick it up. Or have a friend or neighbor go after it for you. People are usually very willing to help out in times of trouble.

Last edited by Rose L; 11-13-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Another idea for foam option is to buy the foam egg crates at Wal-mart or wherever and cut and layer them. They aren't to expensive and should go a long way. Just a thought.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 PM

Thank you vondae..That is a very good idea..I need 7 of the cushions so I do have to find a happy med. to the foam..
For some reason I can not use the reply with quote..I was double posting cause I did think my post went thru. Explorer quits when i use the reply with quote.. sooo thank you all for your help...I knew some one would come up with a great way and now I have more than one way to do the cushions.. Love you all... BillsBonBon
Old 11-13-2011, 01:10 PM

haveing trouble posting..thank you all for your help... posts don't want to go thru. internet explorer is telling me it can't view the page but I see this went thru. like the last one..

Last edited by Bill'sBonBon; 11-13-2011 at 01:12 PM.