Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters are the best; a thank you from me >

Quilters are the best; a thank you from me

Quilters are the best; a thank you from me

Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 PM

Yes, I have to agree that Quilters are a generous lot...and there were people on this board that don't post so much anymore that helped out Newbies like myself...all I can say to everyone, is pay the kindness you received forward and this board will continue to be successful and a kind and inviting place for everyone for new and not so new quilters and crafters.
Many friends are available here to all if one just says "hello"
Kirsten
Old 06-10-2009, 05:46 AM

I agree with all the above. I have always felt so welcome here.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 AM

Ditto to ALL the above! :) :thumbup:
Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

well, I've been around for just a bit, but whatever I give here, I get back tenfold. I consider each and every person on this forum, my quilting family. Love you all. :XD:
Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM

These are the best people in the world! I had a knee replacement that went bad and lost my job. Someone said that they wanted to get rid of scraps and I was wanting to make a Crazy Quilt ( one for myself and one for my cousin for Christmas). Several of you "angels" sent me scraps and I made my first one for my cousin but gave it to her last month as she has cancer and will not be here Christmas-----she says. She loved it! She has a spirit that I have never seen before! Ready to go at any time! She has amazed many around here with heer spirit!
I hope I got around to thanking everyone! I tried to keep a list!!! I am now starting on mine and will post pictures soon.
Thanks again
Old 06-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Isn't it wonderful how quickly you are no longer a 'newbie' with this group! Someone asks a question, and all of a sudden you think, 'Hey, I have something to contribute about that.' And you forget about your 'newbie-ness.' I agree with everyone who says' 'I have a lot of friends here.' I can't let a day pass without checking in. And if I do, I have a BUNCH of emails from threads to look at.

I'll have to think long and hard about that the next time I go on vacation. Do I want to UNclick 'Notify when a reply is posted' or do I want to come home to 2 weeks of posts? LOL
Old 06-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
As a newbie I feel the same way. This forum is very addicting. Everyone so willing to help and are soooo nice. Thanks to you all!!!! :thumbup: :D :D
Could not have said it any better!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned

I can honestly say that this is the friendliest, most fun group of people I have ever encountered. It is a pleasure to log on everyday and be a part of everyones lives. Thank you all so very much!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I also am fairly new to the board. I can't wait to log on each day to be inspired in quilting and in life. What you find here are great quilters who are truly giving, caring people. I thank you all.
It's an addictive place that's for sure and I have been here almost 1 1/2 years! I love this place and everyone here! We come from different countries, different walks of life, single, married, widowed, mothers, fathers, grandmums and dads, white, yellow, black, red. No matter the colour, age, race, religion, culture we are ALL QUILTERS, and WE ALL support one another here and we are ALL silly and crazy here together!!!

Can't think of one good reason NOT to come here everyday!!

Hugs to you all!!!

Andrea
Old 06-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Banned

I have been here a bit over a year and NEVER met such fantastic people as on here. That's why I call you all my angels :D