Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Enlightenment and Challenge >

Quilters Enlightenment and Challenge

Quilters Enlightenment and Challenge

Old 11-18-2011, 10:34 AM

Lea, I hope you had fun at the show today! What a mob- I was there for 3 hours this morning and may go back after 5 tonight. Spent lots of $$$, but really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful stuff.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:44 AM

Lea...but I do love to get inspired each day and you are one of those who inspire me
Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 PM

I agree that it takes time and practice to become "good" at something. But, I also read a lot about so many quilters worrying about not creating that masterpiece. I, for myself, gave up on creating that masterpiece....which took away the pleasures of quilting. Do not get me wrong, I strive to improve at every opportunity. But without the joy of quilting it is not worth it to me.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Well I went to the extravaganza today and are you ready for this, I didnt spend a dime on anything except to get through the door. It was so crowded, and hot, and you couldn't look. I did however get a chance to put my hands on a $17,000 longarm quilting machine! Loved it! But man oh man it made me nervous to know that my hands were on it and I could mess up. Still it was great to feel the difference between my $2000 set up and that one. Wasn't much of a difference, still I dream of having one someday, like that would make me and expert quilter, in my dreams. Glad I could inspire some of you to start creating you masterpieces. Hope you all had a wonderful day!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
Lea, what a priceless description! Only thing is, we know your quilts are spectacular so you can't fool us! Soon you'll get inspired, drop the surfing and get to quilting.
I confess I read the board when I can't be quilting. Or when I have to do a search on some technique. Or when I need to know what to with a new fabric I just saw on line. Or...
Well thank you, I guess we see all the mistakes we make, I'm glad you don't! LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
They won't let me quilt at work, so this is all I have to fill my down time. Works for me. I learn how to quilt while a work, then I go home and do what I learned "how to" here. Say that fast 5 times.
Same here.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by lillybeck View Post
I too spend too much time surfing and not enough time doing
LOL! Same here!