Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilter's Greeting Cards

I did a demonstration of making postcards with scrap fabric at a quilt show and one man spent probably half an hour watching. He thought it was the most fascinating thing he had ever seen! Just couldn't wrap his mind around making postcards on a sewing machine! They make nice greeting cards for many occasions. I used lots of fancy fabrics and ribbons and braids as well as occasional sequins and beads.

I've been making quilt block Christmas cards for over 10 years now and will start selling blank ones soon. They're fabric, not printed. Here's a sampling.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    I've been making quilt block Christmas cards for over 10 years now and will start selling blank ones soon. They're fabric, not printed. Here's a sampling.

I would love to know when you sell them here. Thanks for sharing. The ones you show are really nice. Blanks are good too.

Sometimes you find them at a quilt shop. I have some but can't bring myself to part with them after I buy them! 8-)

Blog Entries
    I love cards, & would love to make them.Where do you buy card stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Thanks! :) Know what - I'll see what I can do about making some quilting themed ones. It'll take a few days, I can only work on them an hour or two each night.

I'll make them into a PDF file that ya'll can print at home if you'd like. You'd just need cardstock for your printer (and a color printer)

I'm lucky enough to live about 2 hours away from Houston. So, I attend the International Quilt Festival every year. Several booths have the neatest cards; but they are pricey like said. I also make my own cards with fabric. guess I need to print out some of my quilty graphics on cardstock.

Amish Fabric Barn, Lancaster, Pa. they have them on three large spindles as you walk in. They are so pretty , and so nice to give as gifts too!

Blog Entries
    I have seen them in many Quilt stores and on line. And yes, you could make them using a picture of a block or a quilt you have made.

Blog Entries
    you can get card stock at pretty much any store, walmart, target, ac moore, joanns. all cardstock is, is a thicker paper

Blog Entries
    Amy Bradley has some really fun cards. You can find them on her web site. Just Google Amy Bradley

Those cards are really nice, would they be too hard to try for a computer novice type?

Blog Entries
    If I saw those I would have to buy them. Love them that is for sure.

Yes, I use Quilter cards whenever I can find them, usually at Quilt shows the vendors will have some.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Ms Mayhem. I have that picture and she is just too cute cuddled up. YOu should post that picture too.

I didn't because some don't like pics of kids here.

I have color printer, will get some card stock. I am thinking I have some. Will ask NP3 when she gets home. LOL. SHe knows my rooms better than me now. SO funny.
    Thank you everyone.♥♥
    However, some love photos of kids. We all started out as one, huh? :-D :-D

I have the DWR cards in your picture too! I got them at a quilt show. I have some others that I have found at quilt shops. Elenor Burns had a decent collection at her booth at the Road to CA quilt show this year. Love quilty cards!

I make my own. I use a program on my computer and some art work I bought from. www.pccrafter.com. I use regular printer paper and make 1/4 fold cards. And use card stock for the 1/2 fold cards.I also print up my own envelopes for them and cut them out. I am a computer novice and have no problem with this. I've not seen any cards with quilting themes for sale around here. Mary

I use quilter's cards too.

I saw the double wedding ring and one other in a quilt shop in Shingle Springs, CA the other day. I just loved them!

The DWR set is embossed, comes from Carol Wilson, and runs about $10 for a box of 10. They are really neat, but somewhat hard to find. I look pretty muich everywhere I go, and try to buy a box when I see them.

Hi, I make greeting cards all the time. Just make your backing the same size as your envelop and then cut out anything you want to put on it. Like at Christmas, put trees, santa's, stars, mangers, etc. then for birthdays and anniversaries use flowers, trees, food, I have a greeting card program on my computer and you can make the pictures any size you want them, copy them off, cut them out and go from there. It is fun and very easy to do. I sew a lot and I have small wallhangings that I do the same way. Trying to do them from scratch is pretty neat. My husband says I am very artistic. I doubt that but I do enjoy trying to see what I can copy and then get it on material. good luck Ruth Nees [email protected]

If it's a very simple pattern, get some colored cardstock and make your own.

Blog Entries
    http://www.quiltsonroute66.com

in Williams AZ has quilt cards. I have bought birthday cards there.

When buying card stock, try finding the ones creased in the center. Some boxes even have the envelopes included.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Thanks! :) Know what - I'll see what I can do about making some quilting themed ones. It'll take a few days, I can only work on them an hour or two each night.

I'll make them into a PDF file that ya'll can print at home if you'd like. You'd just need cardstock for your printer (and a color printer)
    You are a sweetheart! Thanks.

You can buy cardstock at places like Staples too. They also have envelopes for cards.The staples nearest to me even has colored card size envelopes. Watch at christmas sometimes even walgreens or wal- mart have red,or green envelopes and white one .After the holidays look for them in the mark down. That's when I buy them for the next years christmas cards. Also I have bought them at a dollar store. Mary

I often find them at quilt shows.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast