Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A Quilter's New Years Resolution: >

A Quilter's New Years Resolution:

A Quilter's New Years Resolution:

Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Drue View Post
When you count UFO's, do you count the ones that you have purchased fabric for but haven't started ? If so, then I have about 15 more to do right now! LOL
I don't. Those are considered by "retirement fund".
Old 12-20-2011, 11:04 AM

I'm with you. Nothing new.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM

I resolve to wash all my fabrics in my stash, so I don't have to stop and do it when I want to start something new. I will not promise to iron them as they are washed, though.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by marybs View Post
You guys are so good. I have hidden my UFOs and resolve to take more classes in 2012.
This sounds like a good idea to me...hehe
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by toadmomma View Post
I have decided to finish at least one UFO per month, as I have been stacking all UFO projects in one corner, some must be finished in order to stack more, but I can do a new project inbetween if I get one old finished, only I must finish the new start before I start a another new project, also, I can only buy material to finish a project, backing, batting etc., but must use what I have first if it fits what Im doing, Wish me luck, I get too side tracked, Also must finish putting up shelves and organize sewing room, can never find anything.
I soooo agree. Since I have enough stash to open a quilt shop I need to use stash and stay out of the stores. Unfortunately, my LQS' are all closing so fabric is not as accessible. It seems that all the new fabric lines are remakes of old one so that also helps.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM

Hahahahha...I tend to break all my resolutions always, !!!
So to not feel guilty about it, I don't have any resolutions anymore..........;-)
Do I feel relaxed!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:59 PM

Four years ago I resolved to finish each quilt I started, keeping in mind that the quilt is finished when the last stitch in of the binding is taken. This year I made six quilts, finished one. I think I'm making progress.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt View Post
I want/need to use up as much fabric stash that I can in 2012. This is the same goal as 2011 and I have used up a lot, but still have a LOT. I am allowing myself to buy the 4 Bs...backing, batting, border, and background fabrics. I will buy a small amount of fabric to go with something I have IF I am trying to make a quilt.
Same here......except I have to add that I can only use the patterns I have purchased over the years and haven't used yet.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

I have one UFO - waiting for DH to tell me what font he wants the embroidery work done in so I can get it to my embroiderer. Once that is done I can put it on the Longarm and it will be done and for sale.
Other than that I'm done! So get to start all new ones! Opps, I do have one to Longarm that's been waiting for a spot in line to be done. lol

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry
Old 12-20-2011, 04:52 PM

I joined the UFO thread and hope to make headway through those UFOs. I will start a project or two, but I am also going to work those projects from my stash, which these past 2years has grown out of control. I will be selling some fabric and books throughout the year to make me feel like I am being serious about reducing my stash. It has taken me over 24 months to adjust to the loss of a very good friend, whose husband now has another companion (in his 70's). She was an avid reader of extentialism and was very brave. I realized recently that I have accumulated alot of stuff during my sadness the last 2 years and I am ready to lighten my load. One of my UFO's is her quilt that I didn't finish as I was a caregiver along with her husband. It took alot out of me, I can talk about it now, wow!!! I am going to keep her quilt for me.