Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters travel companion book >

Quilters travel companion book

Quilters travel companion book

Old 07-07-2009, 05:02 AM

My DH and I just got home from traveling 5,000 miles. My Quilters Travel Companion is the FIRST thing I pack every time we take a trip. Don't remember how many shops we visited but I 'don't leave home without it'.
Before every trip I also go to their web site and put in each state we will be going through to update the book. If a shop has closed or has a new address it will give that info & I just jot it in the ad. The cheapest place I have seen it sell is in the Chlotilde catalog. Sounds like a wonderful trip; have fun & buy lots of fabric!!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 PM

I copy the pages of places I plan to visit. makes it much easier to carry. Well worth the price. If you are near McMinnville, OR, be sure and visit the HUGE shop there!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 PM

The travel book is an awesome resource for shops in no matter what state you are traveling to. The only thing I suggest for sure, would be to call the shop you plan to visit before going to make sure they are still open, especially in this economy; there are a lot of shops that have closed.

Of course, not all shops are listed in this book because they may not want to pay to advertise their shop, but there are a lot in there. You could also go online, do a google search for quilt shops in "state", you should get a list of shops in that state. Good luck and have fun shopping.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 AM

When ever we travel I google the area we will be in and find shops that way. Last year DH found one for me while I was asleep and he even did a u-turn after waking me up. It was a great shop and I spents lots of money. We went a different way then we planned, so were just lucky to find that store. And...it sure is interesting to see how shops in the same area have completely different fabrics.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:42 PM

http://www.quilttownusa.com/mom/wholesale/wholesale.htm

this is a site that gives you quilt stores by state. it's just an example of what's free online. i just typed in 'new jersey quilting stores'. free is nice. :P