Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting bus tours or retreats

Ram

Quilting bus tours or retreats

There must be quilters who have gone on bus tours to quilt shows. I am interested in the 2012 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show? Any recommendations or suggestions? Thank you!

I take the bus tours as much as possabile. No stress in finding the show (My garmin yell's at me,a lot!) Meet new friends and old. The bus holds a lot more than my car. I can nap or work on some hand work while traveling.I take a smal purse with a cross body strap and one shopping bag with 2 water bottles, snacks, a small lap quilt I never know if I'm going to be sitting right on top of the AC or at the farthest point from the heater. I seldume need it but if I do I'm sure glade I have it, note book & pen, hand work of some kind. This bag I leave on the bus. I also check with tour if we can bring back purches in the under storage of the bus and how much. On our last trip one of the girls found a fruit stand at our last rest stop and brought back 3 flats of very large very sweet Raspberry's.

I love bus trips. Let them do the driving and just sit back and have a good time with 50+ of your new quilty buddies.