Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Quilting Charts

  1. #1
    Fabriclovr
    Guest

    Question Quilting Charts

    I have seen, but can't remember where, charts that tell you what size square to cut to get other combination of things, or how many of what you can get from a strip, that sort of stuff.

    Does anyone have any links or know of where this stuff is located on the web?

  2. #2
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    I'm pretty sure there's some of those on Quiltville!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  3. #3
    Super Member Kathy T.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL USA
    Posts
    2,950
    Here's one site that has charts for cutting a FQ into layer cake, jelly roll, charms, etc. with math charts - scroll down to see various options:
    http://www.minnesotacharms.com/charmtips.htm

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    207
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy T. View Post
    Here's one site that has charts for cutting a FQ into layer cake, jelly roll, charms, etc. with math charts - scroll down to see various options:
    http://www.minnesotacharms.com/charmtips.htm
    Ohhh. This is a good reference Thanks!

  5. #5
    Fabriclovr
    Guest
    Thanks Ladies, I think that is close to what I needed. The rest I found by opening a book, yes a BOOK! LOL

  6. #6
    Super Member AliKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,890
    Lots of places online.

    However, I still prefer my 2 reference books:
    - the Quilter's Pocket Reference ... by Peggy Scholley
    - All-In-One Quilter's Reference Tool
    Much quicker to use for me and I don't have to go to the computer and get sidetracked.

    ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

  7. #7
    Power Poster alikat110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    15,217
    Blog Entries
    9
    Bookmarks this link. Great info!!!

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,277
    There's also victorianaquiltdesigns. Good luck.

  9. #9
    Super Member QandE2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida - formerly Montana
    Posts
    3,481
    Kathy T, thanks for the link. Very helpful.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

  10. #10
    Fabriclovr
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
    Lots of places online.

    However, I still prefer my 2 reference books:
    - the Quilter's Pocket Reference ... by Peggy Scholley
    - All-In-One Quilter's Reference Tool
    Much quicker to use for me and I don't have to go to the computer and get sidetracked.

    ali
    Ya know Ali, I have both of those and didn't even think to look there? How did you like the hail storms today? These feel in my front yard, I live in Maricopa.

    Name:  hail.jpg
Views: 2786
Size:  74.5 KB
    And everyone else that lives in the mid west or east coast is wondering why this is a big deal.. This Phoenix Arizona.. the middle of the desert!

  11. #11
    Super Member judy363905's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,886

    Talking Hail on ground here also

    yes, we also had hail ....near I-17 and W. Bell Rd this afternoon... emailed relatives back in IL and IN - it was in the 80's back there..

    Judy in Phx, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    Ya know Ali, I have both of those and didn't even think to look there? How did you like the hail storms today? These feel in my front yard, I live in Maricopa.

    Name:  hail.jpg
Views: 2786
Size:  74.5 KB
    And everyone else that lives in the mid west or east coast is wondering why this is a big deal.. This Phoenix Arizona.. the middle of the desert!

  12. #12
    Super Member Amythyst02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Posts
    1,355
    I think we missed the hail, but we sure got the rain downpours.
    Amythyst

  13. #13
    Super Member grma33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,342
    this is the chart i use
    http://vrya.net/quilt/index.php
    Gale

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,734
    another source. a book = "Quilter's Complete Guide" [the index] by M.Fons & L.Porter.

  15. #15
    Senior Member bunniequilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Buried Under My Stash up in Canada!
    Posts
    556
    Thanks for the link it will come in handy.
    Quilt outside of the box!

  16. #16
    Senior Member maryfrang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    El Lago Tx Originally from Upstate NY
    Posts
    650
    There are several quilting reference books that will tell you that along with other cuts and fabric requirements. They are very handy to have and use. One of them is the Quilter Reference Book. Great too, belongs right with your cutter and rulers.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Print and laminate the ones from Victoriannasquiltdesign.com. They are very helpful, I really like the binding one.

  18. #18
    Power Poster solstice3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citrus County, Florida
    Posts
    10,399
    Here is a great site with loads of useful information
    www.quilterscache.com

  19. #19
    Junior Member SandyQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    221
    For those of you with iPads, iPhones or other android gizmos, try downloading the following apps: QuiltFab, QuiltRef or Robert Kaufman's app. RKs is great, key in a number and bingo, you get the size of whatever you need.
    SandyQuilts

  20. #20
    Super Member cherrio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Posts
    2,509
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm..._triangles.pdf




    Quote Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    I have seen, but can't remember where, charts that tell you what size square to cut to get other combination of things, or how many of what you can get from a strip, that sort of stuff.

    Does anyone have any links or know of where this stuff is located on the web?
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

  21. #21
    Super Member KyKaren1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    1,420
    Moda has some excellent charts on their United Notions website. Many good reference tools there.
    Karen in Kentucky

  22. #22
    Super Member KyKaren1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
    Moda has some excellent charts on their United Notions website. Many good reference tools there.
    found it at www.modabakeshop.com under "weights and measures" The link is listed on the Minnesota Charms page too.
    Karen in Kentucky

  23. #23
    Super Member nstitches4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Independence, MO
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy T. View Post
    Here's one site that has charts for cutting a FQ into layer cake, jelly roll, charms, etc. with math charts - scroll down to see various options:
    http://www.minnesotacharms.com/charmtips.htm
    Thanks for the link. Lots of good info.

  24. #24
    Super Member sewbeadit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,999
    That is cool, I saw it snow once in Mesa when I was a kid, for about 2 minutes.lol
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

  25. #25
    Senior Member stchenfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    520
    Thanks for sharing - what a wealth of information!
    Love 4 stchen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.