Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting for Christmas.  Anyone else? >

Quilting for Christmas. Anyone else?

Quilting for Christmas. Anyone else?

Old 08-10-2013, 03:15 AM

I am in the process of making 4 bed runners for friends and one for me. Started out as 1 big quilt and when I looked at it I decided, hey! These would be great bed runners for friends. They are not Christmas in design but we are all bit Ohio State University fans and this is the newest fabric so I ordered it and went to work with my own design. They all will have different borders in either red or grey or white from my stash. My only purchase was the centers of each "O" and that was only 2 yards of each design. Everything else including batting and backings will come from the stash.
Attached Thumbnails osu_bedrunners_2013.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltingHaven; 08-10-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:45 AM

Actually, I just thought about Christmas yesterday. I have 3 grown married sons that live all over the country and never know what to get them, they all have houses, etc. I gave the oldest a quilt last Christmas and he loved it, I should make the middle on a quilt this Christmas, the one in California - I'm not sure he and his wife would like a quilt. I was thinking maybe nice Christmas tree skirts to go with some other small items. Still thinking!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 AM

I have over 100 pot holder/ hot pads to make for the shop. I am so pleased with the design that I am having a friend write it up and submit to a magazine. Then come the Christmas mug rugs. They are taking up a lot of time with the hand stitching and addition of buttons etc. Off to work.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:50 AM

Should have read through the threads first....amelia0607 thanks for the stocking idea and Brat, love the idea of table runners and pancake fixins! I can make everyone stockings stuffed with pancake fixins!! I have a wonderful friend who bottles home-made maple syrup and I can make some blueberry syrup because blues are in now!! Thank you for Christmas ideas!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 AM

Yikes!!! I am one of those last minute shoppers. I still haven't got my things ready for the fair yet!!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:26 AM

I have to make a new tree skirt...for us! Old one was made in China, felt that I couldn't wash, and too many years of cats laying on it and pulling off Santa's button eyes and untying ribbons on packages. It was a mess and went in the garbage last January...thought it would force me to make one. I'd better get started!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:29 AM

I'm still recovering from LAST Christmas!!! Does it come round every 6 months now???? Seems like it!! Lol!!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:16 AM

I've made two table runners with the 10" half hexi ruler from MQSC, and I love them. One runner is going to my husband's family reunion blind auction today, and the other will go to one of my siblings as a Christmas present. I'm trying to force myself to do something different now - those half hexi runners are so nice, and so, so quick I can see myself having about 20 of them by Christmas.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 AM

I am, I have already made two twister Rudy Raindeer wall hangings, a Christmas tree wall hanging and soon will start on some hot pads. Sorry, but haven't learn how to post pictures.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:31 AM

One quilt complete, one quilt will be finished this weekend, and have the fabric for the third quilt ~ all for sisters for Christmas. Hoping to also get two lap quilts finished ~ time will tell!